Black rabbits not popular....??? why is this........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughters black Polish is an evil little monster! She wanted a black bunny though. But he's evil! I tell you! EVIL!!!

jTLiVgY.jpg

How could anyone resist that li'l black face? :) :hearts:

i was never a big fan of black or REW rabbits before. but now that i have so many rabbits i am starting to like them. i own a black french lop right now :)

Black, white, fawn, pink, green, yellow... a rabbit is a rabbit to me, whatever it's colouration. I have a buck who is a black/dark grey mixture, and he's the sweetest thing :) Their need of a good home, their personality and how well they'll suit a certain potential owner's lifestyle is all that should matter to someone who is looking for an animal in rescue.

OMG. Now I want a green bunny!

In my area, albino bunnies seem to get displaced often. My third bunny is an albino half lionhead/half ? rescue I adopted not too long ago. I actually went out of my way to get an albino rabbit and I have to admit, it took me a few days to get used to the pink eyes. Bino's still working through some issues, but he's slowly coming around. He seems to have some PTSD from whatever past he had.

I've always wanted a black holland lop but could never find one anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Where I live people do not want black rabbits because they are afraid they will overheat, for some reason alot of people in AZ keep rabbits outside :( I actually wanted a black rabbit but because of the scarce amount out here I couldn't find one. It is okay though, because I saved a rabbit instead of buying one for color ^^ Alot of people avoid white with red eyes, so do I. The red eyes creep me out! But if it was to save a life I would live through it :)
I also agree with others about people wanting diffrent colors/patterns. Alot of people I know want cute spotted bunnies or mocha colored ones, they usually go fast at our local spca and alot of the breeders out here breed for those colors. I have also seen people wanting lops and lionheads over erect ear or short-furred rabbits.

I LOVE black rabbits. They are my favorite. I don't know why someone wouldn't want one.

Also, you really do get used to red eyes on rabbits. All my rabbits now have red eyes and I love them tons.

I do agree about REWs. I just love them, my Snowy is just such a cuddle bun.

I do also like the black ones, I really do think they have such bright eyes.

OMG I HAVE A BUN NAMED SNOWY

She has ruby eyes, as she is a himi. They are beautiful.

I've never heard of it for black rabbits either, but always for red-eyed whites. The thing about the large breed red-eyed whites though, is that often those breeds were bred both for their meat production, but also for their placid nature (for farming and also testing on), which means that even though they're unpopular because of their colouring, they can actually make the best pets because of that placid nature.

Where I live people do not want black rabbits because they are afraid they will overheat, for some reason alot of people in AZ keep rabbits outside
. . .
I have also seen people wanting lops and lionheads over erect ear or short-furred rabbits.

Ok, other people over there don't make sense. No black because of overheating does make sense. Though, as you implied, just bring them in! But then they go for the longer haired rabbits. They also overheat. People are weird. I'm in Vegas and got long haired buns that I keep inside so they won't die. I would do the same for any bun in the heat we get here, regardless of any detail of their fur. I am glad you rescued a bunny. At least someone makes sense lol

ChocoClover, they are such lovely buns and I just love those ruby eyes. At times, when I look, they look to be blue as well. I can never understand why they are not so popular, love Himis as well, markings are just lovely :)

I got a black bunny !!! after seeing all these cute bunnies i went and got Boomer a friend . A black bunny named.... well we dont have a name. Here is a pic of him and Boomer and our new tiny baby brown bunny too!
Boomer is mean to them both. Always biting them and pushing them out of the way!

mothers day 2.jpg

hahahahahahaa. :laugh:
ok so my new bunnies are not real... but the black bunny is pretty cute i must say. as soon as i seen him yesterday i HAD TO HAVE HIM !
I wish I could find one in Boomer's colours too!

Haha you had me fooled for second until I saw the tiny brown one! Boomer must be feeling quite insulted, imagine how you would feel if your mum brought home a statue of a completely different-looking child LOL

LOL... I would feel fine! I was the odd looking child in my family...lol. was taller, and had lighter skin and lighter hair than my 2 siblings...
Boomer has 3 siblings too... 2 were broken patterned black and white and the other dark grey , almost black! and then there was Boomer who looked nothing like his mum or dad or siblings! so it's fine....lol.
Boomer threw the tiny bunny around on my bed several times, and he tried to take a few bites out of the black bunnies head... i think he doesn't like them too much...haha.

Latest posts

Back