new addition and need help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleboo

Reaction score
iown 2 rabbits, so i often go to ashop in the town centre called ''the rabbit rescue shop'' where theysell things and the money goes towards unwanted rabbits at there rescuecentre. i buy toys, food, shaving etc from there. ANYWAY i went inyesterday and at the back they had two guinea pigs that were forre-homing. well......i brought them home!! im so used to rabbits andonlyhad a guinea pigwhen i was like 7 so dont knowmuch about them.

does anyone own any guinea's that can offer me some advice on them.there nature, if they play, life span etc. will the buns be upset bythem being here?

There are quite a few people on here who haveguinea pigs who can help you. Although I'm not one of them, I'd suggestsearching "Guinea Pig" on google. I'm sure there are many sites withall the information you need condenced into one.

Congrats on your new additions. ;)

Hi I have had guinea pigs before andthey make really sweet little pets. The main difference youwill notice from rabits is that they are very vocal. Theywill squeak and chirp to each other and to you. One that Ihad would start up a litle chorus of Eeeep eeeeeep eeep every time thedoor was opened to the room he was in. It was like a burglar alarm. Ofcourse some are noisier than others it just depends on theirpersonality.

It is very important that guinea pigs get enough vitamin C or they willbecome ill, so give them plenty of fresh fruit and veg or geta special guinea pig food with vitamin C added. Guinea pigsare rodents so have continually growing incisors which they need to doplenty of knawing with to keep them healthy.

Rabbits and guinea pigs get on and some people house them together butI would suggest giving them their own cage. A rabbit is usually muchlarger than a guinea and has a lot of power in those big backlegs. It is possible for a rabbit to injure a guinea pig ifit gets a fright and jumps up, or even just when the rabbit kicks outin play. It would be ok to put them toghether when they havefree runing time and there is more space.

It is good you have two as they do like to have company and someone tosqueak with. I would urge you to have a vet check the sexhowever if you are not able to tell for sure yourself.

yes i had them checked and there both definatelymale. i dont think id let the bunnys run free with the guineapigsas the buns are alot bigger and i think theyd bully them.my bunnys dont get on together anyway, they fight so they have playtime seperate.

havent heard them squeak or anything yet though! they dont play mucheither, just stay in this lil igloo thing i bought them. do they evercome out? wot vegies can they have, just the same as bunnys?

Latest posts

Back