Thumping in the night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyG

Reaction score
My rabbits, snowball and nora, barely ever thumpduring the day. The only time I have heard it is sometimes when theyare out runing and I try to pick them up but they can't be bothered,and then it is just a little stamp. The pen they sleep in isin my bedroom and recently sometimes I have woken up to hear themthumping. It is very loud and rhythmic, repeating every fewseconds for quite a while and sometimes they will resume it even afterI have got up to reassure them and made it stop.

I'm not sure who starts it but I think once one does it the other getsspooked and joins in. I don't understand because they arenever scared during the day when the TV etc is on and people are comingand going (we are a fairly lively household!) so you would think theywould be fine at night when everything is calm. It is usually about 3or 4am and I can't think of anything that would happen atthat time to frighten them. Any suggestions?

JimD wrote:
Binkie thumps a lot during the night, too. I think she'ebored and she wants someone to get up and play with her.

Then MooShu gets thumping because Binkie is thumping. The it becomes athumpfest until they wear themselves thumpless. We ususally just closethe door to the bunnie room and let them thump away.

Binkie: *thump*

MooShu: *thump*

Binkie: *thump* wadda you thumpin at

MooShu: *thump* don't know...wadda you thumpin at

Binkie: *thump*thump* i'm thumpin at you

MooShu: *thump*thump* then i'm thumpin at you thumpin at me

and so on........

Binkie is "Princess Thumpsalot" in out house....

....I bumped a similar thread about this.

~JimD

Latest posts

Back