Thumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginbunny

Reaction score
My hareball Ginger for the past 3 nights has done nothing but thump all night long!

She did this way back a year ago but it was a random thump ortwoduring the night. Suddenly nowshes "SuperThumper"!

I have checked her water, food, blankies, cage, night shadows (got hera night light even). I can tell whenshe is mad or scared.This is not the same because she looks content like she doesn't knowshe is doing it. Or maybe for attention?

I don't know what else to do and I really need some sleep becauseI have been sick for the past week.

I attend to her when she thumpsout offear or anger.But if she is bored then I need some advice on what to do. Or is sheeven bored?

I let her run around in the morning and evening. She stays in her cage during the biggest part of the day and at night.

Any suggestions wouldbe really appreciated. Thanks!

Ginbunny

Maybe its the season--Floppy's been driving menuts for the past two nights too! I think we might have loud newneighbors who get home at 3am. I'm planning on trying the blanket overpart of his cage tonight to see if that helps.

Binkie thumps a lot during the night, too. I think she'e bored and she wants someone to get up and play with her.

Then MooShu gets thumping because Binkie is thumping. The it becomes athumpfest until they wear themselves thumpless. We ususally just closethe door to the bunnie room and let them thump away.

Binkie: *thump*

MooShu: *thump*

Binkie: *thump* wadda you thumpin at

MooShu: *thump* don't know...wadda you thumpin at

Binkie: *thump*thump* i'm thumpin at you

MooShu: *thump*thump* then i'm thumpin at you thumpin at me

and so on........

Thanks Hysterical Jim...the thought just cracksme up. I don't hear thumping in the nite, but sometimes Ithink they boys throw wild parties....I think they did last weekend andthat may be when Corky got hurt....Will have to make sure to lock upthe smirnoff from now on I guess! ;)

Nimue likes to thump at like 2 AM andbeg for food, and he WONT stop unless I give him craisins! Seriouslywhen a Flemish as big as Nimué thumps it literally shakes my bed!

Cage.jpg

~Amy

I personally would think that is just liketrying to keep a toddler in its bed. Everytime you go in tofind out what is wrong, it is a learnedbehaviour for yourbunny. He knows that if he thumps you will come.They are pretty smart little fellows... and you my sweet have just beentrained lol

Whoever made up the saying "dumb bunny" didn't have one!

Susan

WILD! Star thumped a few times lastnight too! I couldn't figure out why. I took herout and we had cuddles and kisses and it wasbedtime. She seemed ok. I am going to monitor hertonight. I will try to cover her cage too ;)

Hugs!

Shorty, Star & Kricket

Cage.jpg

Amy I just had a thought lmbo! maybe if he was allowed to sleep abovethe bed ? :shock: Girl Ihonestly would love to be yourage and be able to get down on the floorto clean a cage like youhave foryou bun, Thats one ofthe best bedroom set ups going .

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I have tried the blanket over the cage. I evenput carpet squares down in the cages (2 cages end to end). It muffledthe noise. I will try the blanket again...guess I will use the condosize. She is so spoiled!

And she may have seen a ghost. I hate it when they stare like that don't you?

Ginbunny

Binkie: *thump*

MooShu: *thump*

Binkie: *thump* wadda you thumpin at

MooShu: *thump* don't know...wadda you thumpin at

Binkie: *thump*thump* i'm thumpin at you

MooShu: *thump*thump* then i'm thumpin at you thumpin at me

Lols!

--Is your bun alone in his cage? Mine (I think) was lonely, and thumpedfor attention. Now that he has a buddy, he's quiet (except when hewants food) then it's: "THUMPTHUMPTHUMP!"

Is it normal for them not to thump? I don't think I have ever seen Thumper thump...hmmmm

heth wrote:
Isit normal for them not to thump? I don't think I have ever seen Thumperthump...hmmmm
Rex never thumps, but Peanut does.

gypsy wrote:
Cage.jpg

Amy I just had a thought lmbo! maybe if he was allowed to sleep abovethe bed ? :shock: Girl Ihonestly would love to be yourage and be able to get down on the floorto clean a cage like youhave foryou bun, Thats one ofthe best bedroom set ups going .
Oh trust me, Nimues FAVORITE spot in the room is on top of my bed!!!

It isnt all fun and games :) He knows thatif he thumps loud enough that I will come and check onhim

Here are some pics of him havingablast on my bad, you might have alreadyseen themthough. :D

nimbed1.jpg

Makin thebed!

nimbed3.jpg

"PUT THOSE COVERSBACK!!"

nimbed5.jpg

nimbed6.jpg

Excuse the fact that I have an ickysleeping bag on my bed, I sleep in the basement and it can get kindacold down there in thewinter

~Amy

Abby thumps when she's miffed about something ornot getting her way. We think it's pretty funny actually. She's such alittle diva!

Hi heres an update.

I actually got more sleep last night after I put 2 baby blankets overhercage.It must be the spring time shuffle. Aren't rabbits nocturnal?

She only thumped about 15 times. When I let her out this morning shedanced around my feet. I sat on the floor folding the blankets and.......well if you take the "T" out of Thump...you know whatshe did next and she bit hard when she didit!

Funny story about her real quick. I thought I had a boy bunny and "he"was doing the "H" thing to me all the time and wetting everywhere. Ihad to get "him" fixed. I figured after a nip and tuck Iwould have a girl.

The vet called me about an hour later and said its a girl, so I saidthank you I'll pick him up. "No," said the vet, "It was a girl when youbrought her in.":shock: I heard people laughing in thebackground. She couldn't be, she does everything a boy rabbit does. AndIsex checked him-looked like a pecker to me!(sorryaboutmy choice of words there).

Embarrassed I went to pick up "Ginger/George" and thevettechs were laughing all the wayfrom theback.I returned her 2 weeks later to getherspayed.Now she doesn't wet all over the place but shestilllikesto doing the bunny dance! ;)

I'll continue with the blankets over her cage and see how she does.Thanks very muchfor the tips. Finally some shut eye.:D

Ginbunny

Latest posts

Back