bunnies & snow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
I live in Minnesota and have 2 house rabbitsthat I assume have never played in the snow. Are there anycautions that I should be aware of? I've seen some great picsof bunnies in the snow and am curious to see how my buns would react tothe stuff. Can I just take them outside and plopthem in the snow?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It's not a good idea to subject a rabbit to extreme change intemperatures. If your rabbit is an inside rabbit, I'd beleary of bringing him from a nice warm house into the snow. Iknow a few people that have done it, but it's risky.

The people that have their rabbits outside do let them romp around in the snow sometimes and they do seem to enjoy it very much.

-Carolyn

My rabbits get to play in the snow but they areoutside rabbits. But because of that, I have to make sure it's warmenough for them to be out in the runs butI have to make sureit's cold enough that the snow is not wet and making the bunnies wet.

For anyone with inside bunnies, I don't suggest taking the bunniesoutside. They are just as happy (if not more so)to binkyaround inside where it's warm.

In this instance thisis why Man invented Shallow containers .Just for inside Bunnys , putsome snow in an underbed storage container andbringit in for them , lay downa tarp and let them play , as soonas the snow starts to get wetand sticky , you can eitherchange it out for fresh snow orcall p[lay time over .!

Latest posts

Back