rabbits nails help needed now pls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is your first time trimming nails, I would have a vet show you how to do it.

P.S. It will take some time before she gets used to being turned on herback. Pristine still has a fit when I do this toher. ;)

It would be easier for me to show you how to doit than to type it. Using the "bunny burrito" technique, layyour bunny between your legs on her back and gently pet herhead. Pet her and talk to her until she calms down ... thismay take a few minutes. Once she has calmed down, clip thenails carefully. If she jumps, calm her down again.You may have to do this several times throughout the clippingsession. Afterwards, be sure to reward her with atreat. ;)

I find sitting on a computer chair with themfacing away from you in a normal standing position and just pull theirfeet away from their body one by one. That's how I do it with my two.No stress and since I'm on the chair they can't go anywhere.

a second person may help too. at my house it's atwo person job. and Kweli has dark nails, so believe it or not, for herit takes three people. (one to hold, one to cut and one with aflashlight )

My method is to take him into the bathroom (orsome other room he has never been in), plunk him down infront of themirror on the counter (he is distracted by looking at himself and thefact that it is a new room), then lift him up so he is standing on hisback legs and take one foot at a time in my hand and snip. Ialso use regular nail clippers instead of the guillotine cutters as Ifind it easier to control.

The other option is to take him a petstore such as Petsmart or Super Pet - they cut bunny nails there.

Latest posts

Back