Anybody grows grass indoors?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumperina

Reaction score
my buns don't eat hay, and green grass outside dies before wintertime.
I was wondering if anybody has experience growing fresh grass for their buns indoors or maybe indoors/outdoors in a pot

thank you Nancy
When I look for seeds, what kinds of grass should I look for - any ideas ?
I would let them eat off the growing site. Mine don't eat cuttings

I bought two 2-foot-long planter things this spring to try growing grass and herbs. The intent was to leave them outside on the deck to grow, and bring one in every now and again for them to much. It's a great idea!

Unfortunately, once the grass and herbs had grown to muchable height and were brought inside, I noticed the following morning that the window in the rabbit's bedroom was covered in gnats! There must've been 50-100 of them. I'm not an entomologist, but I don't want anything even resembling flies in the house with the buns.

This year's crop was kind of a bust, though I did bring hand-picked grass and herbs in every now and then. (Note: if you plant the grass too thick, herbs won't have room to grow.) Next year I will keep the planters inside and see how they fare -- though I have a feeling someone might dig them up and make a huge mess if they're sitting there 24/7.

For grass seed, I just bought the stuff at the local hardware store. It has fertilizer mixed in with the seeds, so I waited 6 weeks before allowing the rabbits to much from it. For herbal seeds, I just randomly planted some cilantro, parsley, and dill seeds purchased from the same store.

Latest posts

Back