Bonding two neutered males- litter mates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CT1

Reaction score
So about a month ago my family moved and we moved our 2 neutered males with us. They are 1.5 years old and had been living in a large 10x15 ft outdoor hutch together. We had them neutered at around 4 months when they started showing aggressive behavior and were since very affectionate with grooming etc. they are now living inside in inside in one large dog kennel while we build them a large hut outside, of which they get to run around in the house while I'm home and can watch them in morning and evenings. We have an older boxer that doesn't mind them but we don't leave them alone together. Just in the last few days the boys starting chasing each other and biting their hair out. I know they're fighting but not sure why the renewed dominance struggle. I try to do everything with them equally. Other changes to the environment include the movers bring boxes into the house and vacuuming their hop about room in the house. Any advice would be great as even supervised dates are not going well.

What a bummer. Sorry you have to go through this. I would definitely attribute this to the move. They are in a new territory and apparently have found the need to establish that territory. It isn't all that unusual to have issues with a move- especially going from 150 square feet outside to a dog kennel with limited exercise time indoors.

If they are really just going after each other whenever they are together, then it may be necessary to totally separate them for a couple weeks before starting again.

Latest posts

Back