What type of bunny to get to pair w/ my bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren8165

Lauren & Buns
Reaction score
I am about to get another bunny , so that my buns will have a friend. He is male (intact, but has a condition that makes him not be so agressive and no sexual behaviors). So, should i get male or female.

Also, I don't know if his temperament has anything to do with it, but he is a very mellow bunny. I've hardly ever seen him show aggression. Any ideas on the type of rabbit i should be looking into?

The happiest, mellow-est (if that's a word ;) ) bunny can turn into a monster around other rabbits or other particular rabbits. One cannot in any way predict how any rabbit will behave toward another rabbit based on his behavior when not in the presence of another rabbit.

The best way to find a possible mate is to have him meet other fixed rabbits from a rabbit rescue. That is how to pre-screen for potential compatibility. The rescue will work with you and if you run into difficulties, they can help walk you through it. If a certain rabbit won't work, the rescue typically allows an exchange.

However, it would be unusual for a rescue to permit such a bonding if your rabbit isn't neutered. Neutering is considered necessary before bonding. What is this condition of which you speak?

Latest posts

Back