Started bonding Kirby and Toby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
I've made 2 dates in the tub so far between Kirby and Toby the last two days. No major aggression and no injuries. Not even chasing. Just two very stressed bunnies from being in a tub with a stranger!

I've read up on a lot of bonding techniques and so far have not had to use any tools like water bottles yet. Just a lot of petting, some gentle pushing along...

I'm writing up the progress of the bonding sessions on my blog. I really think these two are good for each other. They just need to gain some trust for one another. They're both very good, gentle buns. Wish me luck!!!!!

:dutch

It's not going so well :( Kirby is grunting at Toby and pouncing. Toby is using his teeth. No injuries... but they don't look like they're having fun :(

Sorry to hear that your guys are not getting along. Same sex bonding tends to be tougher. My girls were bonded for about a year and then Toby decided that she did not want Guinevere as a friend anymore!

Oh noes :( Thats what I dread when starting my boys next week. They have been living side by side now for weeks and I've been swaping cages so no ownership. I hope it gets better for you.

Latest posts

Back