Quirky Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelh

Reaction score
Piffy is smitten with feet. When we come home and open the cage for her to come out, first thing she does is greet our feet. EVEN when the rest of our bodies are ALSO on the ground. :blushan: Maybe she likes the smell I don't know.

What funny behaviours do your babies have?

hartleybun has taken to dust bathing - he has his favourite patch of earth that he rolls around on getting covered in red earth. im wondering whether to get him a bag of the dust that i've seen sold for chinchillas..:rollseyes btw he's my third bunny and have never seen any of the others do this.:D

hartleybun wrote:
hartleybun has taken to dust bathing - he has his favourite patch of earth that he rolls around on getting covered in red earth. im wondering whether to get him a bag of the dust that i've seen sold for chinchillas..:rollseyes btw he's my third bunny and have never seen any of the others do this.:D
Unless you plan on only having that chinchilla dust outdoors, I would NOT recommend it :p I have a chinchilla, and that dust gets EVERYWHERE! And for the next hour or two after a good dust bath, everywhere she hops is also covered in dust. Expect to spend an hour or so outside :p

I don't think I'd let my bunny play in it - Chinchillas are specially designed to benefit from it. I imagine it could mess with a bunny's eyes and respiratory system. I could be wrong though! I'm new to bunnies, and I'd be the first to admit I'm no expert :p

Piffy learned a new trick! She's probably immensely proud of herself by it.

She has learned to grip the metal bar of her cage door and rattle it loudly for attention.

I really wonder where she learns it from *shakes head*

angelh wrote:
What funny behaviours do your babies have?

Emma likes to chew my shirt sleeves (works 'em back-'n-forth like a cob of corn) and to crawl inside of my shirt (as I kneel parallel to the floor) so that she can dig inside of it. It's funny to see her head pop out the top, just below my chin; it looks like I've grown a rabbit head.

Zoe likes to roll around her large rubber ball and to "perch" on/near my shoulder.

Pink thinks it's amusing to sneak up behind me and nip me in the, erm, buns. Well, it's one way of getting my attention. He also chin rubs me on a daily basis. I guess that's just to remind everyone that I belong to him.I don't mind. :D

Jenk

My bun Lola LOVES feet too - to the extent that he frequently *ahem* makes his love known, if you catch my drift.. He will follow you around the house, sniffing your feet, and he loves to taste my shoelaces too. :bunnyheart

angelh wrote:
Piffy learned a new trick! She's probably immensely proud of herself by it.

She has learned to grip the metal bar of her cage door and rattle it loudly for attention.

I really wonder where she learns it from *shakes head*
Benny does that sometimes as well. Mostly when he thinks I'm not feeding him fast enough. :rollseyes

Penny's quirky behavior is that she'll take a big drink of water every once in a while and afterwards she'll sneeze. Then she will very daintily lick one of her paws and wipe it across her nose. :adorable:

Back