Pee and poo problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgtpepper

Reaction score
My rabbit is 7 years old and he pees everywhere! He came back from the vet a week ago and they said he was perfect. A day after his vet check up he started peeing outside of his litter box. And I clean it every week (it's 100cm long) it's not like it's too small. Is this because he's stressed or he is getting older

He might be a little bit stressed from the vet trip, you mentioned poo in your comment too is it lack of poos or is he pooing every where aswell? Eating and drinking ok? Was he previously good? Was it a general check up or has he been poorly? I'm a newb to the buns my self but my simba pee outside his tray when he's deemed his tray dirty, also if Fully clean it with disinfectant which is weekly but he's also not neutered yet.

He poos so much! There's definitely nothing wrong with his poops lol. It's just he poops/ pees right in front or beside his litter box. He is neutered and it helped with his pooing outside of his litter box (when we got him neutered 4 years ago) but now he doesn't seem to care about using it. He does use it sometimes but it doesn't get as full as it used too.

I know you said you took him to the vet, but there may be underlying beginnings of arthritis happening. How high does he have to jump to get in?

He has a second level for his cage and he has a ramp but he chooses not to use the ramp (which I'm fine with) but for his litter box he doesn't wanna hop in it. It's not high at all. Is around 5 inches high. But his second level is a foot and a inch high. I just don't know why he chooses to pee outside of his litter. I made it smaller because the 100cm one was costing me too much. But still doesn't matter what I do he does not like using his litter. He uses it rarely for pee. I think he wants to be left alone. Cause every time I leave him alone he uses it but he wants attention.

Latest posts

Back