goodbye Commander Bun-Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the things I really miss about her is she was my 5 pound guard rabbit. She'd lay on the floor under the piano so she could watch the front door and the hallway. When you came in or walked down the hallway, she'd run up to your feet, stop, grunt at you to let you know it was her house and then go back to "guarding" the piano. She was the neatest little rabbit and never left even a single poop outside of the hutch. I sure can't say that about any other we've ever had.

You know I recall you having mentioned in the past about Commanders passing, but i saw this thread and reacted like it just happened. Its because I liked all your stories about Commander so it felt like she was still around. Know that she left an impression larger then her size and years of living.

Thanks again everyone. She came to use in 2002, such a cute little bundle of energy and our first of many. We never had a companion with such a gigantic personality and she sold us on rescuing bunnies. She's been gone now almost as long as she was with us, but she'll never, ever be forgotten.

Six years--where does the time get to? Seems like just yesterday you were this little furry bundle of attitude and then you were gone, too soon. We miss you every day my little girl and the house isn't the same without our "boss". "Tempus fugit, memento morri".

We love you and miss you my little girl. Seven years today that you've been gone. You gave us such joy and lasting memories. I still remember when we first rescued you, you we're such a tiny little thing and so gorgeous. The biggest things about you were you're attitude an personality. I worry about the rest of my "herd" now as five of them are over ten and Bambi is past her 12th year now. Rest in peace my little girl and binky free my little "guard" bunny.:in tears:

8 years ago today our very first bunny passed to the bridge--she was our very first, not the first to pass the vale. Not a day goes by that we don't talk about you and compare all the other "attitudinal" bunnies we have to you. I always thought it was funny when we'd roll a ball on the floor and you'd attack it and pop it--stopped buying balls really quick and went the wicker route. Rest in peace my little girl and binky free, we love and miss you.

June 23rd was and always will be a sad day for us. Our very first rescued Rabbit, Commander Bun-Bun was very sick, and passed away despite all of our efforts. We had her for a very wonderful six plus years, so we guess she wasn't a youngster, but it was still hard. She's had a problem with GI Stasis in the past a couple of times, but this time she just didn't recover no matter what we and our wonderful Vet staff tried to do. We will always remember her as a 5 pund bundle of alpha Rabbit. Whenever you went into "her" room, she would run over to you and grunt just to let you know she was the boss. When she was out and about, she lay right at our feet if we were sitting in a chair watching television or using the computer. She would race around the house like a fur covered missile jumping and kicking and make banked turns off of the furniture. Her favorite spot was in front of the sliding door were she could see everything in the backyard and the family room. She will always be rememberd by us as the rabbit that started up our rescue efforts and will be greatly missed--but we will always cherish the many memories we have of our "Commander". Larry & Nancy--my greatest condolences larry they all give so much-to us,-sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail rip

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

Latest posts

Back