I'm thinking on starting a critter sitter sevice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogorf

Reaction score
Sorry Mods I did want to put this on the whole rabbit forum but accidently stuck it here. So if you want to move it? I'm ok with that.

As the title states. I've come to the realization that good help is hard to find. And I know 99% of the population feel the same way.
So I want to be the good help everyone is looking for. i.e.: Pet Sitting. But before I make a business venture. I would really like peoples views and ideas of what makes up a good sitter.
What kind of credentials do you think a sitter should have?
What things should be done that a lot of sitters don't normally do?
In my home or in your home. What 1 is preferred?
And any other question or advice that you guys can give me.
Thanks in advance

I think it's important a pet sitter has a vehicle in case the pet gets sick and has to be taken to the vet.
Emergency first aid and cpr training for animals.
Knowledge on giving medications.
Willingness to play and interact with the animal, not just feed and water it.

I agree and too bad that you are in Canada. I need someone to sit my bunnies in March!
If anyone knows of any bunny sitting services down here in Maryland let me know!

Vanessa

My kids just decided to start one after we were disappointed by a sitter for out bunnies. We came home from mexico last month and our bunnies had no food, no water and were completely soaked in urine. I was so upset!
When we watch bunnies for others I am sure to keep them groomed and trimmed, have knowledge of meds and health conditions that can occur, and do any extra cleaning around that we can.
I prefer in the pets homes as thats where the pet is comfortable. If I know the owner and pet well ( as we do petsit some often ) I will bring them into my home to play with my pets.

Latest posts

Back