cage and pellet question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazerFace

Reaction score
hello!
i have been posting threads alot these last few days so i am sorry if it is annoying XD but my parents have allowed me to buy a rabbit so now i need a cage! i was thinking about buying a "dog cage" but i like the looks of a c&c cage aswell! so i was wondering if anyone knows where i can buy cheap (or expencive) c&c cage parts that will also ship to Norway? i was also wondering if this (picture attatched if i can get it to work) is a good pellet brand for rabbits and if anyone has used it?

science_selective_rabbit_1__3.jpg

Is the food made by Supreme? Here is a great pellet brand comparison chart. If this is Supreme, they have various lines of their pellet food on the chart.
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food-comparison.asp

As for cages, not sure how cost prohibitive the shipping may be if you tried to order the grids online. There are many stores in the US that carry them including Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond. I would imagine there are stores there that carry them as well. However, I have found that trying to describe them to an employee is almost useless. More than once, I've been told that the store doesn't carry them when they actually did. They are just difficult to describe. I've found it best to printout a photo like the one below and bring it with you to a potential store. That way they are sure to know what you are looking for.

If you can't find them, though, an exercise pen is another viable option. That can provide lots of space.
Even if you get a dog crate, you will want an x-pen to put around it for more space.

NIC grids.jpg

Is the food made by Supreme? Here is a great pellet brand comparison chart. If this is Supreme, they have various lines of their pellet food on the chart.
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food-comparison.asp

As for cages, not sure how cost prohibitive the shipping may be if you tried to order the grids online. There are many stores in the US that carry them including Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond. I would imagine there are stores there that carry them as well. However, I have found that trying to describe them to an employee is almost useless. More than once, I've been told that the store doesn't carry them when they actually did. They are just difficult to describe. I've found it best to printout a photo like the one below and bring it with you to a potential store. That way they are sure to know what you are looking for.

If you can't find them, though, an exercise pen is another viable option. That can provide lots of space.
Even if you get a dog crate, you will want an x-pen to put around it for more space.
thank you so much! this was really helpfull!

You guys there have some great rabbit stuff over there that we can't get here in the states.

I strongly recommend joining Den Store Kaninboka on Facebook. You'll learn a lot from other rabbit lovers in Norway, and everyone's extremely helpful. They have lots of videos and links to cages in your area.

This Facebook group has 10,000 members and is run by Marit Buseth, author of Den Store Kaninboka ("Rabbit Behaviour, Health and Care" is the English translation) -- in my opinion, the best general rabbit book ever written!

Marit Buseth, author of Den Store Kaninboka ("Rabbit Behaviour, Health and Care" is the English translation) -- in my opinion, the best general rabbit book ever written!

I have this book, and among the few rabbit books we own, it is by far the most in-depth and informative book. It is a great resource of information, I even brought it and showed it to our vet!

Latest posts

Back