How does everyone get time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixTheMiniLop

Reaction score
Hey everyone just wondering how everyone has time to hang out with their bun? My girl Phoenix doesn't have a friend yet and I'm starting full time work and I will be working a lot and between work exercise and cooking and housework and what not- I won't have as much time as I usually have.

I love hanging out with her and giving her heaps of time and spoiling her and we are still getting to know each other and I don't want to not spend time with her.
Just wondering what you guys think?
:) 🐰

I am very fortunate that I work from home. This was the only reason I got Sophie. I knew I'd be able to spend a lot of time with her. I also like being at home so she gets to see me a lot. I don't know what to suggest to you other than provide plenty of stimulating toys and things to chew and dig. Getting a friend would be an option but it sounds like you're about to get pretty busy so I'm not sure how you would go about a proper bonding process. I guess you'll know if she's getting enough socialization by her behaviour.

I do spend a lot of time with her, when I'm home she has free roam of my room but when I am at work or out doing something she is put in her x-pen. So she isn't confined to a hutch.

In the morning before I go to work I let her out for exercise until I leave and when I'm home in the afternoon I let her straight out and give her love. There are some things in my room that can't be bunny proofed thats the reason I only let her out while I'm home.
Would you mind listing some toys I can offer her? She already has some toilet rolls and a cardboard box, ball with a bell in it. She isn't too interested in toys but maybe I could find some for her.
And as much as I'd love to get her a friend, your right I just don't have the time at the moment to bond them. When she is spayed and I do have more time I will definitely consider it :)

She is so loving and I just want her to be happy! But I guess your right... She will let me know. Thanks :)

I have a crazy work schedule also ( 10 to 12 hour days ) and that was my concern too ..

I found this other bun ( and he is a nut to start off w/ and love him for it ), and I wanted to bond the two. in the beginning they had different of interest(s). so I had them in two different cage(s) ( with the cages being next to each other at where they can pick up each others scent ) for 2 - 2 and half months.

towards the end I would let one out and see at how they react to one another. to my surprise the new arrival, bowed down in front of her and she started w/ the grooming. and ever since then, I can not separate the two =0)

and at when I get in ( from work or volunteering ), I just let the two out and let them do their bunny business ( hopping, binkying, chinning everything, chewing =0/, buns on patrol, etc ... ) with free roam in the room for like 3 to 4 hours before I hit the hay ..

I've purchased many things from bunnybytes.com

They have a great selection of interactive, chewable toys, all made specifically for rabbits.

You could try getting her a soft toy, like a stuffed animal-that you check she isn't ripping the fluffing out of. It was suggested to me off a different forum and that woman's bunnies would snuggle the stuffies and groom them :) my bun has yet to embrace his little cow pillow pet but he was certainly interested!

Latest posts

Back