Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Nutrition and Behavior > Does your rabbit do this?



Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Whiterabbitrage's Avatar
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 488
Liked 227 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Default Does your rabbit do this?

Harvey likes to push her nose against mine, so that we can feel each other's breath. She presses her nose firmly to mine, then sits there with her eyes half closed, grinding her teeth. She pulls away when she's done, and will snuggle down in my arms for a nap. She really seems to enjoy this behavior of breathing in each other's faces.
I'm just wondering how common this behavior is.


Whiterabbitrage is offline  
Chamarith Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:32 AM   #2
Chamarith
 
Chamarith's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 30
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default You are not alone

We do that many times a day. I lay on the floor facing her and she presses her face against mine. Then, she puts her face under my nose and lifts up making a very firm bond. I think that the harder she pushes the stronger her feelings are. If I am lucky, after about 10 minutes she stretches out on her side, and I put my arm around her and snuggle my face against her neck and chest. We have stayed that way for as long as a hour. She usually dreams 1-3 times in an hour. Her 106 body
and soft Mini Rex fur feels wonderful. I have often wondered how many other people have experienced this, or if I am just weird. I am a 74 year old widower living alone with just her. We are together 24/7/365. ☻☺

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that there is head rubbing and face licking going on during this time except for when she is dreaming. ☻☺


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbitrage View Post
Harvey likes to push her nose against mine, so that we can feel each other's breath. She presses her nose firmly to mine, then sits there with her eyes half closed, grinding her teeth. She pulls away when she's done, and will snuggle down in my arms for a nap. She really seems to enjoy this behavior of breathing in each other's faces.
I'm just wondering how common this behavior is.


__________________
me & P

Last edited by Chamarith; 12-01-2017 at 01:34 AM. Reason: afterthought
Chamarith is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:01 AM   #3
stevesmum
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png
 
stevesmum's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB.
Posts: 822
Liked 257 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 178

Default

Never heard of a rabbit doing that but it sounds, quite frankly, awesome.
stevesmum is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Whiterabbitrage's Avatar
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 488
Liked 227 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Default

The first time she did it I was freaked, thinking she might bite. I kept politely trying to move my head away and she kept insistently trying to press noses. When she finally got my head to stay still, she firmly wedged her bunny snoot up into my nostril. Firmly! She really pressed it in there. It was so strange and ridiculous that it was hard not to laugh. She let me go after a few minutes. TG! Now I let her press our noses together whenever she wants, so at least she's not up my nostril anymore. Lol!
Whiterabbitrage is offline  
Chamarith Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:39 PM   #5
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Whiterabbitrage's Avatar
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 488
Liked 227 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Default

Yes! Cham, it's just like that. I have to be on the floor, and she presses firmly. Then usually likes napping together. I wondered if anyone else liked napping with their rabbit! Their warm bodies and that soft fur make for a wonderful snuggle buddy. Love watching my bun dream, don't you? I can sometimes guess what she's dreaming about: running = lots of foot twitching; eating = chewing; drinking = lots of licking and tongue action. Other times I'm clueless as to what she's dreaming about. One time she must have been dreaming about being a baby again because she was suckling and moving her feet like babies do to get more milk flowing. That was adorable! Very rarely she snores. Sometimes I drift off and snore. Funny think is, my snores wake me up but never bother her. When I snort myself awake, she's still sleeping! So glad to know someone else has experienced this. I'm retired too so spend 24/7/ 365 with her. Maybe that's the secret?
Whiterabbitrage is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:24 AM   #6
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Whiterabbitrage's Avatar
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 488
Liked 227 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Default

Chamarith, I just reread your post. You do this many times a day?! Wow! I missed that the first time I read your post. I guess it didn't sink in. Harvey and I don't press every day. A would say a few times a week. Lucky you!
Whiterabbitrage is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
Chamarith
 
Chamarith's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 30
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Just like us

What a joy it was to read your post. P & I are exactly the same. She doesn't dream when we are face to face, but when she is on her side with my face against her neck and chest she always dreams. I do the same as you, thinking about what she is dreaming. The jerking, twitching, tooth grinding vary with the dream. We lay together like that at least 4 times a day, many times for as long as an hour, but usually 30 - 40 minutes.. We are on the floor together for about 4 hours each day.
My wife was my snuggle buddy & best friend for 48 years, but Precious took her place in 2012 when my wife died. She is the perfect companion for a widowed romantic.☻☺


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbitrage View Post
Yes! Cham, it's just like that. I have to be on the floor, and she presses firmly. Then usually likes napping together. I wondered if anyone else liked napping with their rabbit! Their warm bodies and that soft fur make for a wonderful snuggle buddy. Love watching my bun dream, don't you? I can sometimes guess what she's dreaming about: running = lots of foot twitching; eating = chewing; drinking = lots of licking and tongue action. Other times I'm clueless as to what she's dreaming about. One time she must have been dreaming about being a baby again because she was suckling and moving her feet like babies do to get more milk flowing. That was adorable! Very rarely she snores. Sometimes I drift off and snore. Funny think is, my snores wake me up but never bother her. When I snort myself awake, she's still sleeping! So glad to know someone else has experienced this. I'm retired too so spend 24/7/ 365 with her. Maybe that's the secret?
__________________
me & P
Chamarith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:29 PM   #8
Chamarith
 
Chamarith's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 30
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Totally honest

Every time I am on the floor with her {about 4 hours a day} we start by playing, that is then followed by the face to face pet and lick session. I rub her head while she is pressing her face to mine, and she frequently pulls her head back to lick my face. It usually lasts about 10 minutes, but sometimes as long as 20 minutes. Then, she will either get up, or stretch out on her side for what I love the best, my face against her soft warm neck and chest for loving and dreaming.☻☺


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbitrage View Post
Chamarith, I just reread your post. You do this many times a day?! Wow! I missed that the first time I read your post. I guess it didn't sink in. Harvey and I don't press every day. A would say a few times a week. Lucky you!
__________________
me & P
Chamarith is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #9
Blue eyes
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Blue eyes's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 3,729
Liked 699 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 904

Default

Just wanted to hop on here and say, Chamarith, that you have a very sweet and unique relationship with Precious. She sounds like one very happy (and happily spoiled) bunny!
Blue eyes is offline  
Chamarith Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #10
Lucky_2017
 
Lucky_2017's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 23
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

My rabbit likes to push my arm with his nose


Lucky_2017 is offline  
Chamarith Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Newest Threads