Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Nutrition and Behavior > Potty train again

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
katiecrna
Liked 62 Times on 49 Posts

Default Potty train again

My 1 year old spayed lionhead use to be really good with her litter habits, always peed in the box, and all her poop made it in the box probably 90% of the time. I have moved 4 months ago, and ever since then she has poop everywhere. She has the same litter boxes, same rugs she lives on same everything. She is cage free in the breezeway. She is acting the same, just not pooping in her box.
I am sick of cleaning poop everyday and I am moving into an apartment in a month and I want to keep her free roam in the living room (like she use to be before), but I canít If she poops everywhere.
What can I do to retrain her? I never trained her before she just always went to the bathroom in the box. Also, she has her hay in the box.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
katiecrna
Liked 62 Times on 49 Posts

Ok I just cleaned her area and confined her to a pen. I put 2 litter boxes filled with hay. Iíll be cleaning up any poop I see quickly. Thatís my plan so far, hopefully I can expand her space soon because she is not happy.
Let me know if anyone has had luck with this idea or if there are other tips.