Help what breed? :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annina

Reaction score
Hello so I created an account here just to know what kind of breed is this
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W28_5XJeR_c[/ame]
It's really cute and fluffy and kinda big, i prefer larger bunnies! So please helpp I really want one

*sigh*

Not sure how to say that, but youtube videos are often created because something is very special, that is, not normal.

Imho there is no point in getting a rabbit that looks like this one, it may behave very different. It's not really the breed, but more the line the rabbit is from. And even then, any individual could be off. My litters vary from skittish to chasing the dog.

Although big breeds have the reputation to be be more laid back, sure great pets among them, some of the sweetest pet rabbits I met were rather small.

Imho, this kind of youtube videos are no help.

Thank you all for replies. Looks like an angora crossed with some lop. I live in near Japan, so I hope there are some here. But I'll definitely do my research first!

I have to agree with Preitler on this one. Please do not think that there is any real probability that any other rabbit would behave this way -- no matter what the breed.

What make these videos so popular is the very fact that the rabbit is not behaving like a typical rabbit. :dunno

Just in case, I have to point out that big breeds of rabbits, just like big breeds of dogs, have a tendency to die younger and to have more heart and paw problems than 'regular sized' rabbits. I've known someone who raised giant breeds and they lived about half as long as 'normal' rabbits, mostly dying of heart-attacks. The bigger, the more possible problems you'll have - think carefully about the veterinary cost (also, the rabbit eats 10% of his weight in fresh vegetables everyday which can become costly).
About the breed, to my knowledge, Japan doesn't have any specific breed of rabbit (I have lived there for a while and entered quite a few pet shops). Chances are it's a mutt like most rabbits. So having one 'just like that' will probably not be easy and you won't be able to tell if you get a baby. Of course, what the other members said about a potential bunny not behaving at all like the one in the video is completely correct but I hope you know that already.

Latest posts

Back