travelling n bringing bunny along

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttercup

Reaction score
Mmm.. wanna ask a question...

Have any1 eva flown their bunny on a plane b4? CUz Im thinking, if iwere to go bac to my hometown for good in the years to come, wldbunnies be able to take the cold temperature in the airplane and osothe long hrs fight? lets say maybe abt 7hrs?

Cuz I wld nt wan to leave w/o bringing my bunny back home for gd if i were to go bac.

Wld love to hearfrom u all... :)

Thanks! :elephant:

Greeting buttercup!

There have been several members that have transported their bunnies byplane. Most prefer to have them in the cabin as opposed to beingtransported as cargo.

Most airlines do not allow rabbits in the cabin. One exception isDelta, however some members have run into difficulties with Deltapolicies and how well informed theDeltaemployeesare.

7 hours is a long time for a bunnie to be in a cargo hold of an airplane. The stress alone could be very harmful.

How many bunnies do you have?

IMO...... a decision should be based on what is best for the bunnie.

~JimD

Hey there JimD!

I only have 1 :bunnydance:... :)

Mmm..wat abt those pet express svcs? have u tried using them b4? theyactually specializes in transporting animals overseas. Is it safe forthe little ones?

In fact,most of the airlinesdoes not allow pets inthecabin area. And worse still, the cargo area is cold... Andim afraid thatGaby cant take it.

So maybe I will consider staying longer here... cant bear to leave Gaby alone..

buttercup wrote:
Mmm..wat abt those pet express svcs? have u tried using them b4? theyactually specializes in transporting animals overseas. Is it safe forthe little ones?

That would be my suggestion. I haven't had any experience with them, though.

Maybe some of the other member can offer some advice on overseas transport.

~JimD

Back