need help here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I haven't been here in awhile due to my pc being fried. I'm happy tosay my Benny & Blossom are doing great. Blossom's huge..biggerthan Benny now.

I have some concerns about a rabbit that was dumped at the clinic Iwork at. She's 1-2 yrs old and intact. I brought her home b/c thepeople were going to turn her loose on the mountain.We checked her outfrom head to butt and appears very healthy and fat....hope she's notprego. Bright/clear eyes, no discharge and lungs sound clear.

My problem is the only place I can keep her is in the room with mybunnys. I have Blossoms old cage that is empty and still set up. Bennyand Blossom are both laid back and not much bothers them other than acat sneaking in there...the cats learned quickly after getting beat upby him several times.

Do ya'll think that would cause major problems? I can block that cage off from my bunnys so they can't see her.

I would try putting her in the cage in thebunnies room and see how they react. if they try to fight through thebars, I would block the bunny off. Otherwise, it should be okay. I hopeyou can find a good home for her, or that she can find a good home withyou!

Good job!

My only concern would be if the new rabbit iscarrying a disease. Is there any way that you can keep her in anotherroom for a few days in quarantine?

I thought about that right awaybutunfortunately, my bathroom is way too small. My dogs and catsare in the rest of the house and she's terrified of them....I tried andshe flipped out.

I bit the bullet about 30 minutes ago and stuck her in the cage intheir room. 1st I took her blanky out of the carrier and laid it in thefloor. Benny got happy and chinned it forever. Then I set her carrierin the floor andthey didn'tseemed too worried abouther. I put her in the cage and she checked it out. She was trying tofigure out how to get to the top floors. Benny came over and right awaystarted rubbing his face on the cage and laid down. Blossom came overand right away ran to the other side of the room where she startedthumping her feet on the floor, wall and everything else. She finallycame back over to check her out and was fine. So far, no fighting thruthe cage so I'll see how it goes. I'll be watching her closely foranything, like sneezing and what not.

I don't really want to keep her and have already contacted some rescues but they're full. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Latest posts

Back