Need advice ASAP! Pinched Nerve, pulled muscle??????????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppinHerdofHares

Reaction score
Hey everyone -

I'm just on the comp for a tiny second to post this. I was tattooingsome bunnies for a show tomorrow and my sr brkn lilac doe, Jasmine,freaked out a little with one of the "punches" (I have the tattoo pen).Her back legs went straight, and they stayed like that. I thought shewas dead at first, then I thought she broke her back. So, I picked herup and put her legs back under her (the way I was holding her), so theyare back under her. Then I put her down on top of a hutch and shewasn't moving much and I wanted to see if she could hop. So, I put heron the ground and she hopped some, with her legs under her and movingtogether, but she's acting like she doesn't have much strength in herback legs, that's the best way to describe it, I guess.

I've felt her back and nothing feels abnormal. I think she can feel herfeet. She isn't moving much at all, but has moved to a couple differentpositions in her cage. She was laying a little stretched out in hercage, so I pinched her foot a little and she pulled it back under her.

When we push on her way low back muscles, on the side of thespine/pelvic bone (right above the tail), the right side, when pushedon fairly hard, has all these things that feel like vibrations (bestway to describe it). Her other side doesn't do it and I tested it withanother bunny and he didn't do it.

Could she have pulled a muscle? Or does it sound like a pinched nerve, doesn't seem to me to be that, but . ..?

She isn't moving that much, but should I put her in a small confinedcage? Should I bring her inside for the night (it's been getting cold,LOW 50's to high 40's)? I gave her a medium sized pile of hay, shewasn't eating it right before I came in here.

Thanks for any input I get here!!!!

Qadoshyah

It just sounds like she has a strain and luckilydidn't snap her back. Give her a littlebaby aspirinand keep her in close quarters for a couple days.

Pam

Hi Qadoshya,

So sorry things went so wrong ,It almost sounds like she may havepinched a nerve, I have to ask when herlegs shot out backwards did you hear a tinypop? It could possiblybe she threw her hip out of the socketand when You helped put her leg under her ,itpopped back into the socket.

If it is possible I wouldnt let her hopor move around too much for a few days , Let themuscles have time to go back into place , and mend some. Itsalso Possible she may have Hyperflexed a muscle and thatwould cause the twitching .

Hyperflexing: is when the muscle isextended too quickly then snaps back into itsoriginal position, Hurts like the dikens. If she isnt eating anddrinking I would concider taking her tothe vet for xrays . Is she tooth grinding like sheis in pain. Please keep us posted , Iam so sorryYou are going through this.

Thanks guys!!

She is acting more alert. And when I went out to put her in a carrier,she was eating the hay I had given her. She still is not hopping muchat all. But, Lord willing, she will pull through!

We thought about the hip thing, my sister mentioned it and that might be it. Hip dislocation or something like that . ..

Qadoshyah

I agree with everyone. For a few days,put her in the carrier so she can't move and let her stayquiet. This will allow for healing and will prevent herinjuring it more. I did this to a Dutch buck a long time agoand it worked!!!!

Let us know how she is doing...

Sharon

HI Qadoshyah :

How is Jasmine doing today ? I was thinking of her all night .

gypsy wrote:
HI Qadoshyah :

How is Jasmine doing today ? I was thinking of her all night .

Jasmine is doing okay. She is acting very alert and responsive, likeherself. She can't stand on her back feet at all and she cannot hop toowell. I'm leaving her in the carrier for a few days to seehow she does. She's eating and drinking just fine too.

Thanks

Qadoshyah

:pray:For a quick recovery for Jasmine. Keep us updated on how she is doing.

________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back