Not sure why Miffy screamed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score
It just happened about 10 minutes ago.We are all in the livingroom, the girls watching cartoons and I amreading the Sunday paper. Then all of a sudden, I hear thisscreaming, I look at Emily (the youngest) who likes to scream for noreason and it is not her. Then I look in the cage and it isMiffy, she is in her sleeping position but her eyes are open and itlooks like she is working her jaw, kinda like she is gnawing onsomething and she is screaming? I opened up the cage and shestopped, she let me pet her with no problems. I made sure shecould move by gently pushing her and that was not a problemeither. Right now, she is munching on her greens with alittle extra carrot shreds.

I really have no idea why she screamed, she is pooping fine, eating herhay, pellets and drinking water with no problems. Yesterdayshe spent the day outside in her hutch as we recieved our newentertainment center and I really needed to clean her cage outgood. We removed the wholecage from the house and Icleaned it with 50/50 vinegar and water. Anyone hear of arabbit who would scream for no apparent reason?

Can you let her out and watch how she walks? Shemay have hurt something. Also, a sound from the TV, maybe she heardsomething outside. Could be anything, but I'd suggest watching her hopjust to be sure it's not a fractured bone or something.

hummer wrote:
Anyone hear of a rabbit who would screamfor no apparent reason?

Sometimes rabbits can be set off by certain stimuli, such assound. Some of our Himalayans would calmly and verymatter-of-factly scream when I ran water, or filled the feed bin.

Pam

Well, I let her out in the livingroom and shestarted to explore the room (we changed the livingroom to accomodatethe new entertainment unit), and right now she is rolling on herblanket that I always lay out for her. I have not seen herbinky yet but she has run in circles around me so I know she is not madat me. I also do not see her limping while hopping atall. I am going to assume that she is fine but will stillkeep a eye on her to make sure.

Thank you Shuu and Pamnock for the replies. I always thoughtthat if a bunny screamed, there was really something wrong withthem. Goes to show that the buns are always testing you andteaching something!;)

Glad your rabbit is not hurt. Soundsto me it could have been the television. I have had bunniesscream for apparently no reason.

I was on my way back from a show in PA, we were driving on the highwayand all of a sudden, for really no reason, one of the rabbitsscreamed. I made my boyfriend immediately pull the truck overonto the shoulder. I climbed over the seat and began to seeif there was a visible problem. No one looked hurt.There were about 20 rabbits back there in crates. One by onewe took out each rabbit to make sure that they didn't get a foot stuckor get bit by their neighbor...but nothing.

Still to this day, I don't know what set that one rabbit off, but theyended up being all fine and such. I think that it may havebeen the music or a tractor-trailer going by.

Sharon

Back