NIC Condos HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Ok getting aggerated again. They email me last Thursday telling me they forgot when i was supose to pick up the bunny and to please email them. So I email them with a couple of days and times and now 5 days later they didnt get back to me yet. Im sorry but when you run a business it should not take 5 days to get back to a customer. My husband said we will just show up this weekend if they do not call me. Mindy

Ignore the first message I think I cut and paste the wrong information. Im trying to make the nic Condos and Im having a hard time getting the cable wire to be real tight. I can still move them when I pull then tight. Are they supose to move? Im just using my hands. Thanks Mindy

It should be alright if they wiggle a bit. When you connect say 2 together, there will definitely be some movement, but once you have a three-dimensional structure it should feel sturdy. Sometimes it helps to use wooden dowels to support shelves.
I also typically use a figure eight pattern when I attach mine which I think makes them a bit sturdier.

I attach them diagonally 2 in from the top and 2 in from the bottom on every cube. Basically so they can't slide up and down, but they do still have some swinging ability. My cage is very sound as a standing structure. I usually 3/4 of the way tighten everything in a big mess on the floor and then stand it up. It helps to have two people, but I've done it all by myself several times. I put in a shelf as well and didn't have to use dowels or anything, but it is only 2x3.

I have a thread of my future bunny's cage as well if you want to see mine I just made.

Oh thats exactly how i want to make mine. You used the wire NIC for the shelves for then. Now are those held on by the cable wire to? You gave me a good idea to put an opening on top incase she lies on the shelve you can reach her better. thanks for the idea. Mindy

No problem. I just kind of went at it with the building. Glad everyone seems to like it, just hope she does too!

Yep, I used the cubes for the shelving and then added some plastic chair mat on top to keep the carpet from falling through the grids. I put a piece down from the top to help support the shelf and the lid at the hinge. If you had a heavier bun, then it'd probably need a dowel underneath or central support... but when building it I had about 12 pounds sitting on the shelf and it was barely bowing. My bun will be 3-4 pounds max so I'm not too concerned.

Hope that helps some. Feel free to PM me or ask on one of these threads if you need help.

Ok here she is. Even though its not the one we put a deposit on we still love her
973.jpg
969.jpg

nope didnt finish the nic cage probably this week. She is getting use to her cage already. Jumping around now and playing with all her toys. Chewing all her wood toys I have iin there. It only took her an hour. She was first hiding in the box but now she is a mad women running around.

Latest posts

Back