Bandit: rabbity antics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe I forgot to post in here but yesterday was Bandit's third birthday! :D We celebrated with a hay cake stuffed with greens, carrot stick candles and a new toy! I made a youtube video for it and I attached the image from the thumbnail because I think he looks handsome in it :D In other news, we've just in the past few days started the transition to Burgess Excel Pellets. He loves them, after I've fed them I come back a few minutes later and all the burgess are gone but there'll still be most of the oxbow!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wAaFr2BdQI[/ame]

IMG_6108-Bandit-3rd-BirthdaySm.jpg

Thank you!

We have a funny story today. This morning I went through my usual routine of getting up, and letting Bandit out for a run around while I have breakfast and get ready for work etc. Then I usually feed him breakfast in his cage so that I can close it behind him before leaving. This morning, I fed him breakfast, and then left for work. At least 4 hours later, I got a text from my husband, telling me that somebunny had an extended morning playtime... Meaning that I forgot to shut his cage when I left for work :lol: He was mostly a very good bunny. He did nibble on a corner of skirting board, and I don't think he would have if there hadn't been a mattress propped against the wall in that corner which we had used for a family member a few days ago. But it's not badly damaged and will probably look normal with a bit of timber oil rubbed in. :D

I am very proud of him for not chewing through the cord cover on the laptop, and not chewing up my clothing or the quilt that I left on the lounge chairs. Such a (mostly) good boy. :)

Thank you :)

I thought I would update that we finished the transition to Burgess Pellets some time ago and Bandit is loving them. They must go down better in his stomach too because he used to have to take a break from his Oxbow before finishing the rest, but he eats all the Burgess in one sitting, so perhaps they don't expand as much with moisture. I should test that out.

All things hoppy and healthy for my bunn at the moment :)

Well, I suppose this will probably be the last post of Bandit's story :( As posted elsewhere on the forum, but I'll write it in here too just for the sake of telling his whole story in one place. Bandit passed away on January 3rd 2016. I'm absolutely heartbroken to have lost him, especially so young. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=85834

A couple of days ago I spent four hours working on a tribute video for him for my YouTube channel. After four hours the program crashed though I had a save file. I tried 5 times since then, including after restarting the computer multiple times to finish the editing but each time the file seemed corrupted and the program would continue to crash. I was devastated to have lost all that work on such an emotional project. Fortunately today, by some miracle I got the file to work again and managed to finish editing and export the video. Here's hoping I'll be able to upload it later today. I'm pleased with how it turned out though it's not perfect. I'm not sure I could ever get it as good as I would want though, it's just one of those things. Watching his videos for this project has been soothing though, just getting to look back and see how happy he was makes me smile :)

Latest posts

Back