Bunny nutritional chart?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am getting 2 mini lop bunnies, they're beautiful. I have guinea pigs, but I know that a rabbits diet is different, so I need like a chart/outline of their diet, Thanks! :thanks:

Rabbits and guinea pigs have fairly similar diets. Mostly hay with some pellets, veggies and treats.

Unlimited timothy or other grass hay. Alfalfa for young rabbits (under about 6 months). The general guideline for pellets is about 1/4 cup per 5 pounds of body weight per day. A timothy pellet is recommended for adult pet rabbits. A variety of fresh, leafy green veggies is good. Treats and fruit should be limited to a small piece a day or a few pieces of fruit a week.
Rabbits don't need added vitamin C like guinea pigs do, so you don't need to worry about that stuff. You should be able to feed a lot of the same veggies, but ones high in calcium should be limited. There are many lists of safe veggies and ones that should be limited.

Latest posts

Back