My bunnies giving me a run for my money :/

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessula

Reaction score
Hi, I have had my bunny for about 3months now and shes around 4-5months old. She chews everything except for things I give her she wont touch them. Shes started getting nippy and constantly chews/digs at her bars when she isn't out. Im just wondering if this is something she'll out grow? and what are somethings I can do to help her? Do you think getting a her a companion will help her? I had a male for 10 years and he was great but I got him as a two year old so this is my first time experiencing the "baby bunny stage" well hoping its a stage!
Thanks

Sounds like she's starting to get into that "teen" phase where hormones start affecting behavior. Not much you can do except supervise where she can go so she doesn't chew things she shouldn't. Spaying should help to settle her down, but I wouldn't recommend a companion until after that's done.

Like majorv said, she's in that teen phase. I'm right there with you with an unruly teen bunny. Ellie has chewed through my refrigerator cord and my washing machine water hose, all in a two week span. Right now, she's digging her way to New Zealand in my backyard.
Getting her spayed should help with the nipping behavior and the territorial behavior. But it night not help the chewing, but it could help just calm her down in general.

Until then, just try to find something that she likes to chew on. Paper towel rolls, TP rolls, apple branches, different kinds of hay, baby keys, plastic slinky, wiffle ball. Dry pine cones are a favorite for Ellie and a lot of others, just make sure they're dry and really open.

Oh and I also agree that she shouldn't have a companion until she is spayed and her companion should be neutered too.

Latest posts

Back