Looking for a buddy for Happy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionheadbunny21

Reaction score
I know there are not really any shelters near me for rabbits. In case there is anyone near me, that knows where I can go, I'm posting here. I am looking for a rabbit to be a buddy for my female lionhead. I think I may be waiting until Spring to make a trip towards sheltersin Vancouver area(travel in Winter isn't really an option). I see there are many up for adoption in that area :(

I'mposting on here justincase. :)

Wish me luck!

Were you specifically looking for a rescued rabbit? Because if you drive two hours (approx.) to Terrace, BC you could find plenty of rabbits that need homes. My friend was about to breed her rabbits (mixed breeds though...) pretty soon. AndI saw an ad for purebred rabbits, although I cannot remember the breed - might've been Netherland Dwarfs. I also saw an ad about a rabbit needing a home because the family was moving. Plenty around the area if you're not looking specifically for a rescued bunny. :)

I am not sure. I was going to get one from the Petstore but when I went to the petstore they were trying to sell rabbits that were SOOOOO young AND they were born because staff had put a male and female in the same cage :(
But I'm not in a huge rush if you can let me know the number ? or where I can go when I go up there. I was just there a week ago :)

lionheadbunny21 wrote:
I am not sure. I was going to get one from the Petstore but when I went to the petstore they were trying to sell rabbits that were SOOOOO young AND they were born because staff had put a male and female in the same cage :(
But I'm not in a huge rush if you can let me know the number ? or where I can go when I go up there. I was just there a week ago :)

My friend's rabbit just had a litter of four. They're mixed breed (Lop & "up" eared parents). They'll be ready to go by mid April. Great parents, I own the father. He has a good temperment, docile (a little skittish, he was from the pet store) and the mother is just amazing. She's friendly and comfortable to sleep laying on her back in a living room with a family of four running around the house. :) I'm keeping one and then the rest will only be $5 to $15. The fee is only to ensure that owners are willing to pay -- which shows that they have enough interest that they'd hopefully look after them. I'll message pictures to you if you're interested.

There's an ad in the "bargain hunter" for a black male lop that needs a home (FREE, although the ad could be old..) but it also states that there's many other rabbits that need homes (purebred, I believe). I'll message the number to you. The ad states:

BLACK MALE LOP RABBIT, FREE TO GOOD HOME. ALSO SEVERAL PUREBRED SHOW QUALITY MINI LOPS FOR SALE & VARIOUS OTHER BREEDS.

Latest posts

Back