Bahvior Change

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterLapin

Reaction score
Hi All

We have 3 buns,
Echo, 7yo Male nutered
Ruby 5yo Female Spayed
Iggy 4yo Male Nutered

For a while all three were happy hoppy fluffy bunnys but now Ruby thinks the world is her litter tray, Echo has become agressive towards Iggy and although he pees in his litter tray hie does his phase 2 (dry) poops wherever he happens to be.

they have been seperated for the time being until i figure out what to do, i'll start by trying to re-bond the two boys but i dont know how to go about re-litter training a once clean rabbit.

any help and advice appreciated...

It's possible the trio is just having bonding issues -- not too unusual with a trio (especially with two males). But it is also possible that Ruby has some sort of UTI. Suddenly "forgetting" potty habits could be a health issue and not necessarily a territorial issue.

With one rabbit not feeling well (and marking everywhere) that could disrupt the other two too.

I agree. If there is no problem health wise, the sudden dirtiness probably comes from the bad atmosphere in the warren and should resolve itself when the calm comes back (in the meantime... picking up the poo and being generous with vinegar is all you can do, I'm afraid). As you probably know, the hierarchy in groups that contain more than one male is not as stable as others and it's not unusual to have an attempted coup between the males.

Latest posts

Back