2 bunnies need 2 of everything?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiecrna

Reaction score
I'm preparing to adopt a second bun. I know it's going to take time to bond them and I have time but...
Those that have bonded pairs do you have 2 litter boxes in their pens? 2 hidey houses? I'm trying to prepare for what I need and what this x-pen will look like and function like with 2 buns. Right now I have a little 3lbs lionhead and things will sure change when I get a second bigger bun.

Well, once they are bonded no... My rabbits have one litter box, one bowl for the water and one for the pellets, one pillow, one pet carrier and 3 hidey house (but it's only because they have their own room and to make it more fun - they almost always stay together in the same house, especially during winter, and had only one house when they lived in my room). Bonded pairs can share everything. The only reason you would need to have the stuff x 2 would be if you get an intact buck (you recently got your rabbit spayed, right?) and thus have to keep the rabbits separated for a while before attempting to bond. If you get a neutered buck, you can begin the presentations quickly and if everything goes well what you have now should be fine.
Honestly, the cost of 2 rabbits instead of one only shows for food and vet bills (especially when you live in a country where you have to vaccinate every year like me ^^').

Ok thanks. I have 2 litter pans but one is a crappy one.

Until they are fully bonded, you need two of everything - basically 2 cage set-ups. They can't be put together into one cage until they are fully bonded.

Some bondings go smoothly and are good in a few days. Others take weeks or even months. Or, it is always a possibility that they won't bond at all. Until you know they are fully bonded, two housing set-ups are needed.

You can use "temporary" stuff for the 2nd cage. Crappy litter pan, old dish, etc. No need to go fancy. :)

Latest posts

Back