A few questions about housing during a move/after.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morning_Snow

Reaction score
Hello all :) up until now my two rabbits have been living in 2x3 nic multi story cages. My family is in the process of moving, and my mom told me this is where my rabbits need to live. It is very spacious, and has a light. I plan on removing the door and adding c and c panels going into my room to assure they get natural light, space, and fresh air. (My room will also be rabbit proofed and they will have access to my room 10 hours daily if not more) One of my main concerns is that my rabbits love to chew and dig, especially when it is time to go back in the cages. What are some good ideas to stop them from ruining the carpet? In my current home I have tried blankets but they dig them up. I need something they can not dig and move. Also, does anyone have any ideas to make it more homey for them? Thank you.

View attachment 1432632155124.jpg

this will be a good question answered on this one

because they will go thru that carpet and the toe board trim molding ( will at least mine did ) in no time

the molding wouldn't be much of a trouble ( well at least for me ) but the carpet would be

you ll have to cover the carpet w/ something ( at where the leave they have hiccups as in not using their bathroom area and chewing through it )

again IMO

You could always try a rug. Or at home improvement places they usually have large rolls of flooring like vinyl or Lino you could try placing if you have the extra money and don't mind the work.
Or I would perhaps just overload the area with toys to play with and blankets to dig and push or perhaps even a little dog/cat bed.
Some people also use dig boxes with hay and things with treats scattered inside.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back