Oxbow Immune Support tabs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acacia-Berry

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried these?
I bought some yesterday for Acacia because she is 6 years old now and has been having on-off infections (I keep them under control) on her chin.

http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/products/type/detail?object=8411

They have a very herbal smell to them and at first bunny wouldn't eat them and I panicked because I just spent 12.99+tax on them and I don't have that kind of money as it is! But I left it with her and after a while it was gone. I cracked it in half and left both halves in there. This morning I gave her one, not cracked, and she took it and said her "thank you's" so she really enjoys them!

I'm just wondering if anybody else has experience with these caps or if they're a total waste of money.

I haven't tried them yet, but am hoping to buy some soon. I guess I have the same questions as to whether they really help. If so, I definitly will go buy some. I saw their new different tablets and have been meaning to post a topic here so glad you did

Well, I give a few of them.

Babbitty and Spyro have both had recurring problems (Babbitty with some infections, head tilt, etc. and Spyro with chronic upper resp. problems, bordetella, etc.) and with Babbitty, since getting them he hasn't really had issues and the ones he has learned to live with, they haven't gotten worse. With Spyro it's hard to tell because his infections are so deeply set that I don't think they had the strength to fight them on its own, he's currently on the tabs as well as a Chinese herb medicinal mix and we have his problems under control.

With Willow, he often experiences GI problems so he gets the digestive ones. He had been having some episodes and since he has been getting the digestive ones for a few months, he hasn't had an episode.

All of my rabbits receive the joint supplements from Oxbow and of course, since they are more for hopeful prevention rather then solving a problem, I really couldn't tell you if they were actually working or not.

Either way, I think they are mostly preventative so I really don't know if there is a way to tell. Mine just get it in hopes that it will help and keep things from developing rather then actually solving any real problems.

I am more into holistic approach so when I saw them I considered her chin and thought it couldn't make it worse! I always used holistic with my dog and yes, it's more of a proactive approach (supplementing with glocosamine at an early age for later joint problems).
Thanks for your input. I think I will look into online prices for the joint ones. Acacia, as I said, is 6 years old now. She is the oldest rabbit I ever had (partly because she is my first rabbit) so I'm not really sure what to expect. I supplement her timothy hay with alfalfa every now and then.

I don't have Derby on the immune support, but put him on the papaya ones for fur balls. One of the side effects I have found is a such. Derby had pinworms shortly after we got him and we treated him with stongid. After about a week of being on the papaya tablets I noticed that he had the odd dead pinworm ( 2-3) a day on his feces. Now he has none. I went on line and typed in pinworms and papaya or bromelian and it is a natural treatment for them. Who would have thought??? Even if he is not passing fur I will keep him on one or two a day, not only a fur ball preventative, but to make sure them little wiggles don't come back.

omg eww to the worms!! Glad things are looking better for that. Nothing grosser. (dealt with tapeworms in my dog a few years ago bc he got fleas off the stupid wild mice in the house and more recently we dealt with a bad parasite problem in our cat when we took him off the street last year)
I never tried the Oxbow papaya treats! I alway thought it was just papaya and things have an extreme high markup so they weren't cheaper than buying dried papaya at the grocery store. lol My bunny will eat anything xD

I picked up the digestive support and urinary support ones on my oxbow order in September. I get my oxbow at about half price through a program they have with vet schools and vet students so they only cost me $3.50 per container. I didn't really see any particular change, but they do seem to like them. I haven't had a chance to really do any research into the ingredients in them either.

I never tried the Oxbow papaya treats! I alway thought it was just papaya and things have an extreme high markup so they weren't cheaper than buying dried papaya at the grocery store. lol My bunny will eat anything xD

in addition to papaya, the tablets have extra enzymes from papaya and pineapple added to them so that the ratio of enzymes to sugar is much better than fresh fruit :)

what.. o-o

I'll check my Petsmart next time I'm up! I paid 12.99 for them at the lps (who sell female bettas for 9.99 so, ) That store marks up their items crazy. Maybe a larger chain like PetSmart will have them... Or be able to order them!

I got mine from http://www.leithpetwerks.com/ ... shipping sucks on small orders, but if you buy some other stuff to bulk up the order, it gets a lot more reasonable. I got four bottles of papaya tabbies, which should last a LONG time (I think I've gone through maybe half a bottle in like two months) plus some supplies for my emergency kit - no chew vet-wrap, benebac (a probiotic - very handy for situations like surgeries (I used it when my girls got spayed) and GI stasis and a probiotic should always be given if your bunny has to be put on antibiotics... also great for other small animals - I gave some to my gliders when they were on an antibiotic) and critical care food (it's the ONLY place online I could find to order critical care from, and that's a *really* useful thing to have in a first aid kit). maybe some other stuff too, I don't remember for sure.

Latest posts

Back