Door fasteners on DIY condo?

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sophie's Humble Servant

Hi,
I built my rabbit condo with the storage cube grids from Canadian Tire. The squares are 1.5 by 1.5 inches. Atm I am using black metal office clips to keep the doors closed. Though this is working very well and holding strong, I'm not thrilled at the look! Does anyone have any ideas that are..well..erm, "pretty". LOL!
Thanks in advance

I use a small bungee cord on the rabbit's cage that won't try to escape. On the other cage I use dog leash clips you can get both at a hardware store

I got a 2 small springs and 4 S-hooks at the local hardware store. Put an S=hook on each end of the spring, and crimp closed. Then attach spring/S-hook on one side of your NIC door, crimp the s-hook, then you can stretch the other s-hook to another part of your NIC to keep the door closed. I have one on the top & bottom of my door.

It's very forgiving and easy to use.

I made latches out of sheet metal--done with hand tools and riveted ti to gate and latch receiver to main frame. Our transport hutches use the spring and S hook--it's simple, effective, and gives a clean, simple look as well as being very effective.

Ok thanks for the info:) And my husband thought his work was done! Muahahaha!

nylon twists (a smaller size) would also work:

c1a12.jpg

Haha! Both my large males bulldozed through the binder clips. And franklin ate the nylon ties. Should have asked this question months ago and saved myself some hair. I love the spring and S hook idea.

Omg I hope Sophie doesn't bulldoze through mine:s

Latest posts

Back