Sick baby bunny help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpersmom

Reaction score
:(I have 8 baby bunnies and on yesterday the smallest one wasacting sort of funny(very groggy and not moving like the rest ofthem). This morning i went and checked on the babies; stillin the cage with the momma but the just started eating regular foodkinda and the smallest one was in a box separated from the rest of themalmost lifeless and limp, I couldn't even see him breathe but I broughtit inside and have been feeding it milk he started to try to crawlaround but I am still afraid he will not make it. They are 2weeks and 2 days old, also the sick bunny had a crusty nose, and whenhe would use the bathroom there would be almost like a mucousydischarge sometimes. Please help!!!!!!!!:(

i would say take it to the vet. thats all i couldadvise you to do. if its the runt its bound to be more sickly then therest. but id go to or call the vet right away. hope he/she gets better!

Is he still alive this morning, Thumpersmom?

-Carolyn

Thank you all for yourreplies. Unfortunately the baby died later thatnight. Before he died he had blood coming from hisnose and mouth. A little while later he died.:( If anyone has any other ideas of what might have causedthis please let me know because I still have 7 other babies.All seem to be okay though. Thanks again.

Hi Thumpersmom,

I would chalk that off to poor genetics. The reason Rabbits are soprolific is because: Not every kit in every liter is going to survive.A trip to the Vet would have done nothing but lighten your pocketbook.There was obviously some sort of problem with the respiratory system.You did nothing wrong. These things happen, welcome to the rabbitbreeding world. Though we may try, we can't save them all.:(

I hope this helped,

Dennis,C.V.R.:)

I'm so sorry, Thumpersmom.

After your absence, I knew that it wasn't good.

The little one passed on with love. S/he will be waiting to thank you when its your time to meet in Heaven.

You're in my thoughts.

-Carolyn

So sorry, Thumpersmom. Bless youthough for being there to give that little baby so much love the lastfew days of his life.

so sorry to hear you ended up losing him. it wasso sweet of you to be with him and try to help him. im sure it was verycomforting for him/her to have someone as caring as you by their sideduring that time.

Latest posts

Back