Rabbit Sleep

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
How deep do rabbits sleep?

I walked into the kitchen and Apollo was laid out on his side. Hedidn't move a muscle as I walked by. I called his name and got noresponse. After what happened a few weeks ago, I thought , well I don'teven want to think about it. I tapped his butt and he whipped aroundlike "what was that for". Scared me so bad. I know I'm probably beingparanoid. But is that normal? He hasn't been outside today. Everythingelse is normal-eating,drinking, potty. He just started thisday.

Doess he need to see the vet or do I need to take a chill pill?

Tina

Hi Tina,

He just got a clean bill of health from the vet, correct?

I think you're just a bit on edge because of Dear Athena. Ifall other behaviors are fine, eating, drinking, pooping, peeing,energy, then I wouldn't be alarmed. Keep an eye on him, ofcourse, but I'd be willing to be he's okay.

-Carolyn

Megan does the same thing sometimes, you can walkby, scream at her, play loud music, she just lays there lifeless, butas soon as you poke her in the bum, lmao she jumps up. :) I wouldn'tworry about your big man :)

Carolyn, Thank you so much. Your right, he wasjust seen by the vet. I guess I sorts freaked. When I called him and hedidn't do nothing I instantly thought Athena. I'll definitely bewatching him. It just really scared me. Thank you.

Now I feel bad. Thank goodness he is so easy going. He's not even mad at me.

Thank You

Tina

Of course he's not mad at you, Tina! He adores you. He'll never stop loving you.

No worries, you're 'little' mon is okay.

Thanks for your note too, MyBunnyLovesMe.

-Carolyn

She does it a lot! :) I thought she was dead thefirst time I saw her because she was laying on her back with her feetup in the air, I totally freaked out, but as soon as I went to touchher she rolled over and started eating....:)

He is happily munching a stick. All isforgiven. Wow! that nap but have been just what he needed. It'sstorming here and instead of hiding in his cage, I am getting binkiesand nudges.

Carolyn, that is very sweet thank you. Ever since..you know, he hasbecome a real momma's boy. He has to be everywhere I am. If I gooutside without him he will sit and scratch at the door until I openitand bring him out too. I literally have to sneak out of thehouse just to run to the store lol. HE's too funny LOL

Tina

Sometimes my rabbit sleeps in a curled up position( hes still on all fours like in a lil ball)with his eyesclosed....sometimes he is on his side with his eyes kinda glazed overand sleeping i just watch his chest to make sure he is breathing i dontlike to scare him when he is sleeping

Carolyn, that is very sweet thank you. Eversince..you know, he has become a real momma's boy. He has to beeverywhere I am. If I go outside without him he will sit and scratch atthe door until I open itand bring him out too. I literallyhave to sneak out of the house just to run to the store lol. HE's toofunny LOL

That's so sweet, Tina! He's taken such good care of you sinceAthena's passing. In case you have any question in your mind,you're all his now and that's that. Best to make sure that incase you do get another couple of rabbits next year, Apollo gets alongwith them.

I just can't get over the size of him! Are you going to start giving riding lessons?

-Carolyn

LOL

Apollo helps keep the pain tolerable. Kinda hard to cry when I havea bunny in my lap begging me to pet him. He helps me as much as I helphim.

I've already spoken to the breeder and we will be bringing Apollowith us. Just to make sure everyone likes each other. My son told methe other day, that the first light gray female born already has aname. Athena's Angel, Angel for short.

It's funny. The size of the Flemish is what drew us to them. All theresearch and reading didn't fully prepare us. When we saw a 22 lb.rabbit sit up our jaws dropped lol. we're used to the size. It's alwaysfunny though when we see other people react to him. It is prettyfunny.

Tina

P.S. Jeremy puts his G.I. Joes on his bach and pretends Apollo is the horse

Both Pandemonium and Izzy sleep like the dead.Sometimes they even stop breathing for a few seconds. They also flipout if you poke them. Pandemonium has been known to sleep on her backwith feet in the air. She's deaf, so it's really hard to wake herwithout touching her.

Glad he's ok--it scared me when I saw them do it too!

Rose

I'm glad I'm not the only one it really freakedout. I think I have 10 more gray hairs lol. At least now I know it'snormal. I'll just keep an eye on him and try not to freak next time.Thank you everyone.

Tina

Yes, Tina, that sounds a whole lot likethe "bunny flop" thing again. My mother was over here onyesterday and Sherman did one, and I could tell that it kind of scaredherand I had to hurry up and make an explanation.

It's perfectly understandable that you would be a littleanxious about something like this in light of what happened toAthena. You're such a good bunny mommy. I'm justglad that everything's all right. Apollo loves you and knowsthat you're doing your very best to look out for him. Iguarantee you that he's just loving all of this extraattention.

Flopsy does that when he has nothing to do. I call it el Flopo. I'll see him doing this when I get home from work.

Latest posts

Back