Memorial Day Babies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrampNPigeon

Reaction score
So... before Tramp got fixed he managed to sneakhimself in with Pigeon for one last rendevoux... that was on May 1st. Ihave come to understand the gestation period for bunnies is 31 days sowe are right up on that time now. Now... last time Pigeon had 4 babiesand they were all dead before we found them as we had no idea she waspregnant at all since we had just found them both. We've had them justabout 2 months now so I've been able to learn their behaviour a littlebetter. Pigeon just does not eat much hay.... she eats her pellets okaybut normally stops at that. Tonight I was watching them (while surfinthe net) and she was grabbing big mouthfuls of hay. At first I though"Great! She's eating her hay!" Then I realized she didn't seem to beeating it at all... more relocating it to their box... then trying todig a hole in the cage floor. Hmm.... I'm thinking this is probably herfirst signs of nesting. Now granted.. last time she had babies I wouldnot have been as aware so I might not have noticed these signs.. but Iknow there was not a defined "nest" in the cage when I left for work inthe morning and by the time I got home the nest was full and the babieswere already born... so she seems to nest somewhat late. Short of thestory is I think there is a good chance we will have baby bunniessometime soon... and possibly even on Memorial Day itself! I'll keepyou all posted.

Cheryl

Well... woke up this morning and still no babies..the hay part of the nest is better defined though so it wouldn'tsurprise me if she started pulling fur soon. Right now she justfinished cleaning herself and went to grab her toy keys, thru themacross the cage... and has stretched out to lay down again. No furpulling just yet but I know last time she waited on that until the verylast second... got my eye on her still and I will have for the rest ofthe day and/or night. Hopefully she has them before I have to go to bedtonight since I have to go to work tomorrow early. I'll keep you allposted.

Cheryl

*sigh*

Off to work now and still no little ones. You watch.. the buggar mom will decide to have them while I'm at work!

Actually.. I'm starting to wonder if it could be a false pregnancy. Her"nesting" has seemingly eased off a bit and she still hasn't pulled outany fur. Of course, she could also just be trying to throw me off sinceI know last time she didn't start fur pulling until the very last min.She has however managed to dig several lovely HOLES in my CARPET. Onlything saving her there is that I hate this carpet anyhow and it's goingto be replaced. I have no idea what I will do when it gets replacedthough since she is a very determined digger. :?

Anyhow... off to work I go... will update more if anything else happens.

Latest posts

Back