Master Splinter's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epic_win

Reaction score
So Master Splinter is my adorable lop bunny. A little backstory....

So I had been debating getting a bunny, but I hadn't thought too much about it until I was looking around on craigslist. Now, I don't know how anyone is comfortable selling/giving away animals on that site. I don't trust not one person on there unless I know them personally. People buy bunnies for meat, food for snakes, etc. It pulls at my heart strings.

I saw an ad for lop bunnies. This woman known as "Bunni Girl" (yes she called herself that), was selling 5 babies and the father. I guess she wasn't willing to get either of her bunnies altered.

I ended up contacted her and meeting up and choosing out of her litter. I was drawn to Splinter. He was bright-eyed, bushy tailed, and was completely comfortable with me holding him.

That night when I brought him home he binkied like no other. That is how he ended up with the name Master Splinter from my favorite show as an child. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. lol. I get mixed feelings on his name. *shrugs*

My best friend also ended upp taking Splinter's sister. Her name is Carly.

He is now 3 months old and getting bigger by the day!

102-2.jpg

The night I got him

005.jpg

004-2-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

This is when his coat started to change. See that odd looking light gray spot on his side? lol

034-1.jpg

002-2-1.jpg

001-1-1.jpg

And Splinter and hissisterCarly. They aren't allowed to play anymore until I get him fixed. I'm not taking any chances.

041-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

I just have to say - I LOVE your bunnies. I love Splinter in particular....uh...excuse me...Master Splinter.

Welcome to the forum. We lived in Maryland for a couple of years - we were stationed at Andrews AFB. I used to merchandise in several different places - mostly Prince George county area but also Fredrick and um...I forget. One place that was about 20 or 30 miles East of the base - was so pretty and country-like. We loved it there.

I hope you post more pictures of your bunnies!

Peg

Thanks a lot!

Splinter is my only bunny. The white and brown bunny is not mine, that is just his litter mate.

Once I have more room I plan to add to my bunny family :)

I'll be sure to update with pictures regularly.

I have been debating getting another bunny while Splinter is still a baby. I finally got the OK go to do so.I want a Flemish Giant, but does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't yet made up my mind.

026.jpg

022-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

038.jpg

You should probably wait until Master Splinter get's neuteured, that way it will be easier to bond him with another bunny and with a female. :)

Well by time I get to adopt a bunny he will be neutered. He is already 3.5 months old and I plan to do it when he hits 4 :) But he does like other buns.

038-1.jpg

So I'm hoping he will do good with bonding with another rabbit when the time comes.

Ya once they hit maturity is usually when they start to fight with other males and mate with females. He should bond fine with another little female once he's neuteured. :)

Latest posts

Back