2015 Cages You've Made

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we already have a thread with 2014 cages, it's time to start with the new Year.

So let's see your cages!!

As usual, let's keep discussion to a minimum.
It would be great to have this thread be loaded with photos, not with chatting.

Those of you who posted their cage pictures during the last days of December on the 2014 thread, please DO post again here.

thankyousign.gif

(maybe an moderator can lock the 2014 cages thread and redirect new ones here)

My husband made this cage for Einstein. It has an upper level bed with a ramp to access it as well. I plan on staining the outside this spring. I cover the front at night and during bad weather with the blanket that is on top.

DSC01141.jpg

Literally finished this one just now :D it's been a long time in the making. Originally it was just a 4'x8' enclosure with a concrete floor. Now look!

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1420867796.692183.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1420867859.592036.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1420867886.803942.jpg

-NIC condo with carpet-covered shelves, with a spinning hay ball on the top floor,
-Big, permanently open cage lined with woven timothy mats and filled with (kiln-fired pine, which removes the harmful aromatic chemicals) shavings, and a hideaway box (that has a fleecy pet bed inside) attached,
-two litter boxes, one a lipped cat litter and the other a DIY enclosed litterbox from a storage bin, both lined with newspaper, filled with shavings, and topped with hay,
-enough toys and chewables to play a hidden object game
-soft pile carpet for their tender footsies

And I try to, once a day for at least an hour, open it up so they can have full run of the basement. :)

(And speaking of which, they are directly below a vent, I have a space heater running, and there is a broad spectrum light hanging above them on a timer to supplement the weak sunlight from the tiny basement windows. Environmental controls are part of a good enclosure!)

(And by a long time in the making I mean 8 years. Though this enclosure began more like 6 years ago, they lived elsewhere before that.)

Last edited:
Here's my little guys cage. We call it Chewy Manor. Posting before and afters.

Hutchoriginal_zpsu8lrgnks.jpg

f9ad0c36-d4f4-492d-bb47-d753665ab78a_zpsihcsquep.jpg

And he's loving it. He stays in it at night mostly.

f8d74657-3ee7-4b2c-94ae-42efc0e91f1f_zpsw6beuymo.jpg

And this is the bunny mansion my son built for his little guy. It is huge! LOL

a0872709-f294-4711-8f37-09131ffff2fe_zpsfl3cuel7.jpg

We both liked the idea of re-purposing furniture for their cages. He used Plexiglass and drilled lots of holes in the glass and I used the wire.

^^^ Just so you know, there is a thread dedicated to allowing members to show photos of their cages.

:bunny24 I would encourage your to post your photos there:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?p=1056866#post1056866

I just merged the threads in the yearly cage one, though it turned out a little odd due to some of the posts in the other cage thread being older than the 2015 cage one. Nevermind.

Here's Bandit's cage, the same as I built in September last year (blue box and cardboard box are swapped, and there's coroplast behind the litter tray), but he still loves it :)

BanditCondo30.jpg

I love the idea of repurposing furniture into rabbit hutches! Adorable!

Also, AwesomeBunnyBlossom did you use a non-toxic paint for your critters? Just curious because I would be interested in knowing for potential future projects. You're setup is too cute :)

Last edited:
Harley Binoo and Moos cage at our new house. This is just temporary as I want to make Moos cage have levels but I am not sure how I am going to do that just yet. Binoo is going blind in both eyes so I figured levels would not be a good idea for them(Harley and Binoo are bonded). Binoo and Harleys cage is 2 grids by 4 grids but I am considering making it 3 by 4. This will do for now as we are just settling in to the new place. :3 :)

20150227_173250.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back