Bunny name ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kookiebun

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here, I'm getting a new bunny soon (in 2 weeks or so) and i need name ideas! It would be nice if you guys could give me ideas

We mostly cherry-pick names from literature,TV, and movies. Ours are all rescues so some do come with names already--Cosmo and he really fit the name so it stayed and Hopscotch became Mr Hoppes. We also have a Peter, and Bunnicula from "The Celery Stalks at Midnight",Bambi, Hutch which is from Wallace and Grommet's "Curse of the Were-Rabbit. We usually go with our "gut" feeling.

Reactions: Aki
Welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest waiting until you get to know your bunny a bit so the name can suit his/her personality. They really can have such varied personalities.

Do you have any favorite movies or books? You can use character names from those.

Or you could choose names based on a theme:

You could consider plant names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy.

Food names like Latte, Mocha, Snickers, Peanut, Burrito, Coffee, Popcorn, Cinnamon, Honey.

Or "sky" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or rock names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or weather names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on color (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

Hey Nancy McClelland! Thanks for the idea, it sounds pretty cool and i really like your rabbit names they sound cute

Hi Blue eyes, that actually helped, thanks! I like the names based on color they sound really cute to me. I guess i'll wait until i get my bunny like you said

We also have a Peter, and Bunnicula from "The Celery Stalks at Midnight",Bambi, Hutch which is from Wallace and Grommet's "Curse of the Were-Rabbit. We usually go with our "gut" feeling.

I had never heard about "The Celery Stalks at Midnight". I just looked it up and it sounds amazing. The subtitle says "beware the hare"! There is even a quote from Neil Gaiman about it : "Bunnicula is the kind of story that does not age, and in all probability, will never die. Or stay dead, anyway..."

I have to buy the whole series, now... Can't believe that was never translated in French, I have to start a campaign to make it happen!

Latest posts

Back