Not Good News !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn J

Reaction score
I am very disappointed and sad. Not near as muchas Mitchell will be when he gets home from school today to find outthat his second bunnies (Tiny) litter of three have all died. Wefigured that she was about to deliver this morning as she was startingto pull hair. I kept checking on her. The last time I found three deadbabies. Tiny had thrown them right out of the nest. This is her firstlitter. Does this mean that she will do this every time ?

For those who don't remember Mitchell's other female bunny (April) hadlost her entire litter of eight at one week of age. We don't know whythis happened either. We have only had the bunnies for about six monthsand we were told that they were six months old at the time we got them.Is this too young to expect them to be good moms or is it more likelydue to the fact that these were their first litters?

I believe that April is now expecting and should be due in two weeks.If she doesn't do well this time I think I will give up on the idea ofletting Mitchell breed his rabbits. This is getting to be heartbreaking.

Thanks for any advice orcomments.Carolyn J

My son got his rabbits as pets. Two females andone male. His grandmother used to breed rabbits. One or two litters ayear and give them away. My son misses having the baby bunnies andthought that he would like to have a litter. He has a half a dozenfriends who would like to have one. I thought it would be a goodexperience for him. Plus doesn't everyone have a soft spot for babybunnies. I just never dreamed that we would have these problems.Believe me if April does not fair out better next time around . It willbe the last litter.

Carolyn J

Sorry your having so many problems. Losing baby bunnies must be sad. :(Good luck with the next mommy to be.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back