Update on Maya

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
As all of you know, I took Maya to the vet lastthursday and found out some pretty grim news. She was put on IV for afew hours then sent home with some prescriptions. She is doing muchbetter since I last updated, she is now eating and drinking, shes alsobeen having alot of poops and pees!! Im so very happy about how wellshe's doing, at first I didn't think she would pull through but its amiracle !!!!:angel::)I love her so much!!! Just had to leteveryone know how she was doing!;)

Luna

It looks like all of your prayers and good vibeshave reached us!!!!! thankyou so much from the bottom of my heart, Idon't know what I would do If I had lost her. she's so precious to me

Great! I was hoping she would end up okay. AndI'm keeping an eye out for the answer to Amy's question, I was curiousabout that as well. Its so nice to see some good news after everythingthat's happened lately.

Maya is doing excellent now, and is eating anddrinking like a little piggy!!! While she was sick I syringe fed hersome nutrical, baby food and some water with probiotics in it whichmade it more palatable for her. Im still giving her the medicationtwice daily, she's almost done taking it, just a few more days to go. Ididn't really struggle with her to make her take her meds, she's reallyquite good about it and im really glad because my other bunnies aren'tso easily tammed!! I would like to say that during this stressful timeI ran into a rather rude person at the vet's , I was so insulted Iwanted to leave. She said and I quote " why would you pay 200$ to helpa rabbit, just kill it and serve it for dinner" I could not believe myears, this was my best friend she was talking about, I am disgustedwith people these days!!! :mad::Xhow would she like it ifsomeone took her precious dog and barbecued him....grrrrrrrrrrrrr:X:X:X

Its amazing how much difference force feedingand watering can make in the life of a bunny. Part of it could be thefact that they are getting food and keeping the digestion going, but ialso wonder if part of it is that by force feeding and letting themknow you will not let them give up,,, it makes them less scared andthey feel more willing to fight. Mommy knows best kind of thing - ordaddy lol

Anyways good news! Im so happy for you both:D

LittleMija2 wrote:
Its amazing how much difference force feeding and wateringcan make in the life of a bunny. Part of it could be the fact that theyare getting food and keeping the digestion going, but i also wonder ifpart of it is that by force feeding and letting them know you will notlet them give up,,, it makes them less scared and they feel morewilling to fight. Mommy knows best kind of thing - or daddy lol

Anyways good news! Im so happy for you both:D
I agree, I had to do that with Corky for about 5 days, it made a TON of difference!

As for the rude person at the vets, I understand...I've had peopleFLOORED that I've payed to have Corky thru surgery for his stuff andall, I just tell them, to you its "just a rabbit"...but to me, he'slike one of my kids!!! If it was your dog you'd do it...and when I putit that way, they seem to get it!

Glad its going well Luna!

Latest posts

Back