Need advise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
I sent a post about this last week. Iwas in and out of work so I just really got to view it today.I was sad to see only one reply......

My orginal comment was that when I first litter trained baby I had puther box in the kitchen, thinking it would be easier clean up.It is. The problem is no one wants to see her litter box inthe kitchen. I tried moving it and she will hop in there toplay, not to potty, and then she goes in the floor where her box use tobe..............She won't really let me pick her up, so how can iredirect her to the new location and have her STOP using the oldlocation?????

Usually they're pretty adamant about pickingtheir place to use as their bathroom and most people move thelitterboxes there to keep the peace.

-Carolyn

That's what i was afraid of....i moved it back tothe kitchen this weekend, got tired of cleaning her mess. Andmy fiance noticed it immediately. He loves baby and it was1/2 his idea to get her, but he really wishes i hadn't put it inthere. I was reading the book i got when we first got herthis weekend, and it pretty much said they usually only have 1 or 2places they prefer to go to.:( Guess that would be my fault.

Well, the other option is that you can confineher to one room and try to start over that way, but if she's got accessto the old space, she'll go there. Even if you do confine herto a different room, chances are she'll pick her place theretoo.

-Carolyn

yeah, she is pretty well confined to oneroom. You would have to see my floor plan. Theliving room, kitchen and dining room are all open, no doors.So I guess i'm stuck with this location for now.

Yup, I think you're stuck. :?

-Carolyn

oh well. it's just one littlebunny. I'll just have to make sure to clean it every day, andmaybe that will suffice any disagreements.

Maybe, you could get a litter box witha top on it, that I've seen available for cats. Might make itless unsightly, if that is what you're concerned about?

Most owners just pleased to get a bun litter box trained so quickly, rather than to worry about its location.

Buck

Great idea, Buck. The covered litterbox may even be something I look into in the future. That's a most excellent idea.

babymommy,

You could also try a litterbox down in the desired area with a bit ofhay near by it, and a lot of "horray!!"s and perhaps a treat when shegoes there. Keep the two boxes down for a while and as she gets moreused to the other area, hopefully, you can remove the one in theundesirable area. Think positive and tell Baby what you're doing. Neverunderestimate their intelligence. Positive reinforcement goes a L O N Gway when you're trying to train them to do something.

I have two litterboxes down for Tucker and he uses both. I'm sure thatif I were to pick one up at this point in the game, he'd just revert tothe other one. It may take time, but you've got time. One thing I'velearned a lot about is patience in having a rabbit.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

-Carolyn

Good morning!

These are both two really GREAT ideas!!!! I don't know why ididn't think of the litter box with a cover, i know i've seen thembefore!

Buck,

Thanks so much for reminding me of that! I see a trip to thepet store in my immediate future. PS, It's not me that'sconcerned about where! I'm like you, just excited that'sshe's litter trained.:D My daughter said last night before myfiance came over for dinner, that we should have him move dinner seatsif it bothers him that much!

Carolyn,

I also like your idea. I'm thinking two, covered litter boxes! I know she's smart!

Latest posts

Back