Dutch or not?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a "booted" Mini Rex showing the effects of the English Spotting gene causing too much body color . . .

sheriff%20092003.jpg

Photo from:http://minirexrabbits.bravehost.com/showing.html

I'm still guessing that it may be an English Spotting/Dutchgene combination.

English Spotting alone normal results in a white tail and completely white feet.

However, I can't rule out the Dutch marking gene alone as one of thehomozygous variations (duw duw) can produce a spotting effect similarto the English Spotting gene. (However -- due to the smaller dwarf typeof the rabbit, I don't think this is the case).

Pam

Laura wrote:
Howmany standard colors are there for Dutch rabbits? We were inSuper Petz this weekend and saw some that were all differentcolors: Tan, Brown, Grey, Black (all mixed with the white, ofcourse). They were so adorable and VERY energetic.They were binkying all over the case they had them in.

Laura

There are 6 accepted colors in the ARBA standard: black, blue,chocolate, tortoise, gray (chestnut agouti)andsteel. "Golden" (fawn)and "blue-gray" (opal) arecommon colors that are not accepted.

Pam

sunflower_dutch.jpg

Rabbit Stepping Stones:

http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/stepping%20stones/ss3.htm

Thanks, Pam. You rock.

So glad to have you here. You have such a wealth of knowledgeabout the different breeds. I'd never be able to remember somuch!

Laura

your dutch is miss mark and is full blood not mix breeding :D

here is pic of showble dutch

he black jr .buck in my rabbitry and is ful blood dutch

of you ever like chat about dutch or wound like another dutch tell me know

your is hariquin dutch mix black and white

below is pic of a dutch gray jr.buck

he is showble

your rabbit not

ayglnu13 wrote:
dutchlover7 wrote:
it look to be a minlop or flemish cross mix not adutch

That is defininatly not a mini or a Flemish! :shock:

This is a Mini

Floppyvorneklein.jpg

And this is a Flemish

NimueSize.jpg

That rabbit doesnt look like any of those.

:)

~Amy

Why Amy....of course it looks like some of those. It has ears....a nose....whiskers....fur...a tail.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic...I'm sorry. :D I'm really only kidding! HONEST! :angel:

However, I don't think this person really knows what they're talking about based on their posts I've been reading so far....

Peg

LOL Amy :sunshine:

Being able to rule certain breeds out does indeed narrow down the list of possibilities.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
LOL Amy :sunshine:

Being able to rule certain breeds out does indeed narrow down the list of possibilities.

Pam
Haha OMG I am laughing so hard!

I was so tempted to belike

Even I, who does not know much aboutrabbit breeds, knows that that rabbit is not a lop or aFLEMISH!

~Amy

I know he's not a showbun, and he's not a minilop or a flemish, I haven't come across any pics that are remotly likehis markings exept for the english spottings, and even that, my bun isnot a full english spot. Keep giving more buns to comparemarkings too, thanks, your all a lot of help.

Latest posts

Back