Abondoned Dwarf Rabbit Left to Die

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBabe

Reaction score
Yesterday, 5/22/05 10:00 am pst, I was walking in a park and I saw abox. Then I thought I saw the box move, so I go over to look inside,and there was a rabbit! I picked up the box and rushed her/him (can'ttell yet) home. My mom freaked she was like "Ashley... we cant have abunny," and I was like "fine you want it to be out there and die?" Now1 day later the rabbit has a large cage and good food and water. Whywould my mom not want a bunny? The are soooo cute. But yes, she/he isalot of work. I am pretty sure it is a female, but just incase its amale it's name is Sashie ( pronounced saw-sh-e ). Soon I will get a picI can show you. But are there any tips on what to feed it?

I think you did the right thing by not justleaving it in the box, but if your mom don't want a rabbit and You canttalk her into it, then the right thing would be to try and find it ahome or take it to a local shelter. Good luck!!

Cristy

Can you tell if it's a baby or not? Ifit's old enough to be weaned from it's mother, it needs timothy hay anda good pellet food (with no colored bits, seeds, or driedfruit). Have you taken it to a vet? They canevaluate the overall health and give you an idea of it's age.If it's a few months old, you can start giving it greens,slowly.

If you go back to the main forum page, you can click on "top picks" andread the cheat sheet for rabbit care. It's got a lot ofvaluable information you should read.

Keep us posted.

Laura

thanks... My mom finally said it was ok. But itis not to small, so I think it is about 6 months old. We are takingSashie to the vet tomorrow when I get home form school.

Yes, you did the right thing! Way togo for your mom who pulled through!! My Elvis was left in abox on my friend's porch, in February. He's a sweetie.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Jen

aww yer i think ya did teh righty thing! i feedby buns oin rabbit food at a pet shop, and also carrots and greens butnot lettuce! awww i really hope ya mum lets you keep the rabbit though!

You certainly did the right thing.

Read the Cheat Sheet in the Top Picks. Research and learn as much aspossible. Ask the vet lots of questions. And ask anything you want onthe forum that you're not sure of.

You done good. That's a lucky little bunnie to have you rescue him!!

:~) Jim

Yes you did the right thing. I'm gladyour mom is letting you keep the bunny too. Bunnies are theBEST pets!

Don't forget to post pictures of him/her.....we all love to see bunny pics here!

:thumper:

This shouldn't even be a poll :p.. It'd be sillyif someone voted no... "You did a bad thing, you should have left thatlittle guy to die"... :angel:Youre a good person.

-Ashley

Thanks guys. I am taking a picture of her tonight with my dad's digital camera. Oh by the way, My name is Ashley.

Well then Ashley well done and welcome to thegroup. Hope you and your bun are settling in justfine and pics pics pics

Latest posts

Back