sick bunny.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers continue, and don't you be afraid to think positively, Dear Heart. Nothing but Good Vibes from all of us.

Keep on showing us your little strength, love for your mom, and your determination, Corky!

So glad little mon is eating well! *clapping*

:)

-Carolyn

P.S. Please post a picture of him in this thread so that we can see that Beautiful Boy. :dude:

Hubby went and got me an angel statue as hecollects them for me...he said Corky wanted him to get it for me sinceI've been his angel...I thought that was cute!

As requested...but he was a lil shy and didn't wanna show his bald side with his nasty owie.....but I got some good shots! ;)

I can't believe how messy mom gets me when she feeds me.....

SickBunny002.jpg

It takes forever to get it all off me...can't she be a lil neater?

SickBunny003.jpg

LOOK MOM, I'm eating like I haven't eaten in a week!! Oh yeah, thats cuz I really haven't much!!!

SickBunny004.jpg

There's our Golden Boy!!

He looks great!! Thank you for taking a picture of him eating andbathing. They're some of my favorite things that rabbits do. He looksso good! He's one beautiful baby, PuterGeekGirl.

That was very sweet of your husband to get you an angel statue from Corky. The Man sounds like A Keeper. ;)

-Carolyn

I am elated Corky is doing so well. Whata trooper. What an amazing story of courage and strength and love.Please give Corky a kiss from me. What a little angel. I will continueto keep you and Corky in my prayers. Apollo is sending good bunnyvibes.

Tina and Apollo

WOW, this feels good, I actually got more than1.5 hours of consecutive sleep!! Feels good to have the rest, but evenbetter to not be so worried that I'm gonna wake up and find Corkycrossed over while I rested!! I really think we're on the waythere....looks as if he has eaten 2/3 of the bunny salad I gave himbefore bed (the one in the picture)...if he's eating this good I thinkit'll be safe for me not to feed as often, but I'll check with doc whenI give him his daily update...but I think he'll be amazed....less than48 hours ago we really thought we were gonna have to put him down...andnow he's eating on his own and drank for 6 minutes straight when I puthim to bed last nite, guess he was thirsty!! I'm BEYOND glad that docand I (and Rowena thought we should too :D )decided to givehim another 24 hours on this new med (when we talked Monday) to see ifthat and my feeding could get him on the right track!!

Not sure that doc will declare us out of the woods yet, but I feel asif were seeing the edge of the treeline! Everytime he eats (especiallyon his own) and drinks...I figure we're that much closer!!

Thanks everyone for all your support and prayers....Corkys one of thetoughest lil critters I've ever had the pleasure to know and I'm SOproud of him....he's such a good bunny!

Will letcha know what doc says and continued progress! I'm beside myself with happiness!!! (even tho its almost 3am!) :D:D

I'msoglad Corky is doing better. He sounds like a realtough guy!! Andhow sweet of Oreo to wanttohelp him feel better. What a good girl she is.

Jen

Hoooottt Cha Cha Cha!!!

Can you believe it?? He's eating and you slept for 1.5 hoursstraight last night. Things are looking up. Let usknow what the vet says. I hated those days of not sleepingand when I did wake up, I'd jump up and realize I was only sleeping for10 minutes. I was scared to death of going out into the roomwhere the rabbits are and finding Tucker dead. God, when Ithink about how I had to remind myself to breathe those days, I wonderhow I got through.

-Carolyn

I could cry I am so happy. Way to goCorky. I will keep saying my prayers. I told Apollo last night that hehad to say a prayer for Corky because he was sick. I kis you not hislittle mouth started moving:shock:. He said his bunny prayers.

Tina and Apollo

dajeti2 wrote:
I could cry I am so happy. Way to go Corky. I willkeep saying my prayers. I told Apollo last night that he had to say aprayer for Corky because he was sick. I kis you not his little mouthstarted moving:shock:. He said his bunny prayers.

Tina and Apollo
Thats adorable!!! Thanks to everyone!!! It must have workedcuz I just talked to doc and gave him an update...he said its goinggreat and he thinks we're gonna be ok now. :D:D:D I canremove the heating pad and slowly stop the feedings or he'll getspoiled...(too late on that one, he didn't wanna eat lettuce thismorning unless my son held it!) He said to keep up with the meds andcall him Friday with an update, unless I need ANYTHING beforethen...he's off tomorrow but I have his cell # and he said to call ifneeded. Said he's SO happy about things...I said metoo!!! Thanked him a bunch again...what an awesome guy!! Helaughed when I told him about Corky mounting Oreo last nite..he said ohyeah...we're doing better! Still wants the boys seperated til Homershormones settle...but I think when I go home to feed him at lunch I'llmove his cage back in with his friends so he's at least close.

I'm over the moon with happiness!!! YEAH Corky....we'rebeating the odds!!!! Mom loves you SOOOOO much and is SOproud of you!!!

Hooray !!!

I'm soooooooooo glad that Corky is getting better.

I think we were all just as worried as you were.

It feels like with some of the buns here, you get you know them personally.

Keep up the good work Corky. Your mummy is very proud of you !!!

Hugs and kissed from Loo,Lop & Poppy

I am so pleased everythingis going wonderfully , Honest ihave been scared to death to look at this thread , You aretruely remarkable , You have goneso far and beyond for this little guy, I am truely glad to see Amy andI Tina Carolyn andothers are more thancertifiable when it cometo mothering andnursing sick babies back to health , Sometimesi swear its our own sheerdetermination that pulls themback from the Brink.

As for that Vet can ya marryhim he is a reall keeper , Itsnot easy to find a Vet with asmuch tenacidy as we have whenit comes to our animals. My Vetis the same way , goesthe extra 100 miles for me and mine, as a matter of fact i have tosee my Vet this afternoon for myND female , Oh ya it also helpswhen they are hadsome devils withan animal degree lol.

gypsy wrote:
I am so pleased everythingis going wonderfully , Honest ihave been scared to death to look at this thread , You aretruely remarkable , You have goneso far and beyond for this little guy, I am truely glad to see Amy andI Tina Carolyn andothers are more thancertifiable when it cometo mothering andnursing sick babies back to health , Sometimesi swear its our own sheerdetermination that pulls themback from the Brink.

As for that Vet can ya marryhim he is a reall keeper , Itsnot easy to find a Vet with asmuch tenacidy as we have whenit comes to our animals. My Vetis the same way , goesthe extra 100 miles for me and mine, as a matter of fact i have tosee my Vet this afternoon for myND female , Oh ya it also helpswhen they are hadsome devils withan animal degree lol.
Thanks for the kind words...its been rough, but no way was I lettingthis lil guy give up on me..at 4 months old we have WAY too many lilbunny things left to do in life...cuddles, binkies....runnin down thehall and makin mom come get me...you know...parsley and clover to beeaten... ;) I explained all this to him more than once and hemust have listened...I also told him he couldn't disappoint his fansand bunny friends on my forum....

As for the vet...hes leaving in September...**Crying**....going to seeif he's going somewhere insanely far away or not...he's staying tilthen to teach the lady thats taking over all he can about thebunnies....but it won't be the same....Dr. Mark would get down and makefunny bunny faces at Corky and talk to him about getting better...hedidn't care that we were right there..was priceless!!! He'ssomeone that REALLY cares about the animals and is NOT in it for the$....he only charged me 24 dollars to come in at 9:00 on a Sunday niteand he's not even an after hours vet..and that was less than the normaloffice visit!!!!! I'm so bummed he's leaving...but happyhe'll be here long enuff to take care of Corky's neuter once he'sfeeling better!

NowIam crying so it'll be short. I am so glad Corky is doing sooo muchbetter.He is one of God's Miracles bouncing back so wellafter being so sick. Hugs for you both.

Tina

Thank God he'll still be around to help Corkyget the neutering done. I'm sure that even if the Doc goesfar away, he'll allow you to keep in touch with him. Withthat big of a heart, I'd be surprised if he didn't leave you with aforwarding number. You can always consult him. Justknowing someone like that is a treasure in and of itself.Don't think about him leaving now, just enjoy what you'vegot. You've been through such a rollercoaster that youdeserve a break from all scary or upsetting thoughts. Justhappy thoughts now, My Friend.

I knew you would've gone into the poor house if you had to to helpCorky get better. You and your vet went 100 extra miles thanmost would. Your story gives all of us hope.

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back