Website Critique?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la~la~land

Reaction score
Hello!
I've been trying to update and revamp my site. Any suggestions? Oh, and disregard the pictures :baghead They're all awful/overposed/pulling but I'll try my best to get some new ones up this weekend. Should I also have a non-posed cutesy picture of each rabbit? Constructive criticism is very welcome :biggrin2:

www.velvetvillage.weebly.com

I think it looks great! It's very decorative and neat/tidy. Easy to read and easy on the eyes. I didn't have to squint at all! Woo!

I think as a non-breeder interested in pets I like to see more natural shots of the rabbits. Face shots or side shots. Something seems unnatural about having them posed with a hand over their heads. I know it's done to show conformation, but it looks uncomfortable and awkward. Just my 2 cents. I'll disregard further as you asked! :p

I think it looks great! Do you mind me asking if you pay for that webspace, or if it's free? I'd be interested in doing something like that as a psuedo-blog if it isn't a monthly pay rate.

Thanks!
I think I'll get some cute shots up soon. I mean hey, who wouldn't want to see those fuzzy little faces? Plus it's been really nice out lately.
I didn't pay anything for the site. It's through weebly, a free website host. They're really simple to make as well :)

I was on the mobile site and all the info is good. As far as your contact page you can create a form for people to fill out and it gets sent to your email instead of your email just being out on the web.

If you do a contact form make sure when you reply to people you change the subject to rabbits or something. Some people may just delete the email based on the subject and not who its from. After going on the actual website i like the neutral colors and the sunflower. Very pretty

I like the layout and graphics. To attract buyers of show qualityrabbits you need pics ofrabbits that are properly posed, but on your home page you could have a few 'informal' pics of your rabbits. Also, if you happen to be selling any as pets you could certainly take cute pics of them.

Got some great feedback already. Just wanted to say very nice looking website, and really nice looking Mini Rexes.

Like the Rabbit Basic tab with all the info on it. Really good idea

Plus your message that Rabbits are NOT toys. And your policy not to sell around this time. Kudos to you!

K:)

Thanks guys :)
I was thinking about making it so that each rabbit would have their own mini slide show. The pictures would be laid out about like they are now but you could press an arrow on the side and it would be replaced by a new picture of the rabbit. I thought this would be good to incorporate posed pictures from different angles as well as some cute ones. What do you think? Too complicated?

It looks great! I'd like to see some head shots, even if they're posed. Or some posed ones, without a hand over their heads. That way you can truly see what the rabbit looks like, whether it's overposed, etc.

Latest posts

Back