Fraggles won't stay off the new couch!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have wanted a Cleopatra sofa for the longest time. Ya know the low slung sofa with one arm rest. yes I want it. The other day Jason hauled one home as a surprise and I was thrilled. In all truth he most likely had a "get out of my dreams and into my car" moment driving down the street. Jason has brought stuff home off the side of the road before. He has not told me how he came across this sofa so I just hope it was not rained on. :/
Anyway its very pretty and just needs some fabric repair which I can do myself. Problem is that Fraggles also loves it and won't stay off the thing. Everytime I turn around she is stretched out on the thing.... She is not Cleopatra!!! I'm Cleopatra!!!
Oh um.......Yes :D Anyway I tried shooing her off but now she ignores me and when I try to actually remove her she boxes my hand. If I do get her off she is right back on and she has been chinning it like crazy. Any advice before it becomes a mess of bunny hair or worse a victim of digging?

Sorry, Queen Fraggles has decided that this is a perfect couch to lay on. All of you (her minions) are welcome to sleep/sit on the floor, and lavish her with food and affection. :)

You should count your lucky stars that all she wants to do is lay on it. Shadow takes every opportunity to sneak up on our couch and pee on it. I agree with the other post - pictures please!

Nugget did the same thing when we got him, but he peed or sprayed. Our couch is pretty new, and my partners prized possesion, so it didn't go down too well.

We arranged cusions around the edge so he couldnt jump up, and after weeks of frustraton (and pee) I began to use a water bottle. I knew as soon as I let him out he would run for the couch, so I waited and squirted. I think he associated the water with the couch and decided it wasn't worth it. I also yelled a lot and gave hime time out.

We had a full 2 weeks of bunny free couches, until yesterday, this time he chewed 2 holes in seat, I haven't told my partner yet :shock:

So we are back at the beginning.....sigh....but he is just too cute to stay mad at ;)

Good luck with keeping Fraggles from her rightful position as queen, I think it's going to be a case of if you can't beat em then join em lol. Be happy she is only sitting on it and not chewing on it like my willow did to my brand new couch!! Totally ruined it within a couple of weeks, I had to buy a slipcover to cover the holes on my 1000.00 couch:X

DharmaBuns wrote:
Sorry, Queen Fraggles has decided that this is a perfect couch to lay on. All of you (her minions) are welcome to sleep/sit on the floor, and lavish her with food and affection. :)

Made me lol

My goodness, she is the queen and time her slaves remembered. Benjamin ate a whole in my new leather chair so when we got a matching couch I put quilts and pillow on it when we were not home. Have you tried putting a blanket and pillow on one end, and encourage Queen Fraggles to lay there. They are at least washable. Heard the expression " suck it up princess". I am sure that is what Fraggles is laying there thinking.lol

I guess "if you can't beat em join em" rings true here. As Jason AND Fraggles now lay on the couch together! I put a fleece blanket down for Fraggles and now she spends most of her day stretched out on her new thrown..... Oh well.

I will try to snap a photo today. its everyones day off so I think its going to be a lazy Saturday. We are going to a halloween party tonight. Fraggles is going but she refuses to wear her lobster suit. Actually I am not allowed near the couch when Fraggles is on it anymore. I think she figures I will try to kick her off so she immediatly goes into the "charge" position if she sees me coming. :(
I can't believe she loves this couch so much. I guess she always wanted a cleopatra sofa as well. I just wish I know what was so very special about it.....

OMG, this made me laugh! Fraggles certainly knows she's the queen!

I've heard bunnies don't like stepping on bubble wrap, and if you lay it out on the couch, they won't jump on it. Dunno if that's worth a try or not. Certainly less of a hassle then piling boxes or pillows or whatnot.

Gus's latest trick is jumping up on the kitchen table. He know he's not allowed up there, but still does it. The moment we catch him, though, he hops down and gives us the stink-eye.

Ah, bunnies. Gotta love 'em. :p

Rue

if I do manage to shoo Fraggles off the couch I get foot flicks as she heads for under the coffee table. Jason made a point that as long as she is not chewing/digging/peeing then she really is not hurting anything. Really he has a good point. She gets pretty distressed when she thinks she is going to be booted off the couch. Its really not worth having her disown me for. Its funny though cause she could care less about any of the other furniture. Now if there is something to eat then she will get on the coffee table. That's how she got that chocolate. Maybe she does need to be taken to the party on the couch. Dressed as Cleopatra :-/

Latest posts

Back