Just introducing myself and my bunnies...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhondakaye

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined the forum. I am afirst time bunny owner of two small white bunnies with pink/redeyes. I believe they are both girls. My parents gotthem for my kids for Easter, and they are wonderful. I am notsure how old they are now, maybe 3 months old??? We havenamed them Daisy and Miffy. They love to be held all the timeand use their litter box pretty good except for some excess poopies atthe bottom of the cage. We also have two cats and a dog, sowe watch them very carefully when they are out of the cage.The cats are very interested and I'm not sure if they would attack orjust want to play. Will they stay very cuddly as they getolder? Will they eventually be okay with my dog andcats? Any advise??:)

I have 2 bunnys both females -Thumper is amini-lop she is 7 months and -FayNay is a holland lop and she is about3 months,I also have 1 dog and 8 cats (my cats try to eat them so therenot allowed out of my bedroom expect for being outside"my cats are ALLinSIDE" My dog lickes them both clean and the rabbits let them butunfortually my dog is about 16 years old in human years and has canceri belive.Thumper is very cuddley and always have been as long as sheisnt being held down and faynay on the other hand is very hyper andentergetic and dont like to be held longer than about 4or5minutes(hopefully she will ajust)

Welcome to the fourm!hope you enjoy

Ashley,Thumps,FayNay

Welcome aboard! I am new too, andstill learning so much each day from all of these resident bunnyexperts. This IS a great forum to have questionsanswered. :D

I would think that if they are sweet and cuddly now, they most likelywill be cuddly as adults too. I have heard from severalsources it is best to have buns spayed or neutered. It makesfor a happier and healthier bun. I haven't had mine spayed orneutered yet, as they are too young.

That is GREAT that they are using their litter box!

About the dogs and cats...everyone will proably have differentexperiences to share. It would be best to start cats, dogsand buns living together as babies. I would never, EVER trustmy dog or cats around my buns. Well, I wouldn't leave themalone. I watch them like a hawk. My cats arefrightned by them, unless they are in their cage, which fascinates mykittys. My dog loves them and she sleeps under theirhutch. When they have playtime in the big backyard my doglays in between both playpens and guards them. She gets upsetand barks if birds or the cats come near. She is such a goodwatch dog. heeeheee :)

Keep us posted with all of the progress ;)

Hugs!

Shorty, Star & Krick

Thanks for replying! Wow, that is alot of cats. I have always been a cat lover, but all of thecats that I have had have never been very affectionate and don't liketo be held.I guess cats are veryindependent. My bunnies will let you hold them all day, butwe do let them have free roam in my 8 year old's room with the doorclosed at least once a day. I never realized what great petsthey are. I think I like them better than cats and dogs beingthat they are quiet, clean, cuddly, and cute. My dog likes tolick my bunnies too, I think I trust him more than the cats.I think cats have more of a hunting instinct for them maybe.I am hoping that when my bunnies get full grown that they will see themas more of an equal. Do you let your bunnies roam free in thebedroom all the time? If so, how do they do at using thelitter? Mine still leave little poops everywhere, we have towork on that some.

Hiya! Welcome to the Forum.As a newcomer to the world of rabbits, I'd suggest perusing through A Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care which our moderator, Carolyn, composed and placed at the top of the contents/topics page. It is one of the best short courses on rabbit care and resources that I am aware of.

Buck

Hello and Welcome.

I would keep a very close eye on the rabbits around the catsand dog. My dog was raised from a puppy around Apollo never had aproblem. They played together and everything. Then one day the dogAttacked Apollo for no reason. Thank God we were there. I never had aproblem with my cats but then again even as a baby Apollo was biggerthan they were and they were afraid of him.

If they are this sweet now chances are they will stay thatsweet as long as they are spayed. Once the teen age years hit the canget a bit of an attitude. But Spaying usually helps eliminate most ifnot all of that.

Can't wait to see pictures of them both. They sound so sweet.

Tina

Also wanted to add that your bun might hurt yourdog or cat. A friend of mine had a dog and a rabbit that grewup together and were best friends. One day the dog irritatedthe rabbit and the rabbit kicked the dog so hard that the dog had backproblems ever since. So that could be another problem.

About litter training, I've been lucky with my buns. When Isee them poop outside of their litter box, I put them in the litterbox, then quickly sweep up the poop and drop it in the litterbox. It didn't take long for them to catch on. Ithink my female is a little more difficult than my male. Sheleaves random treats all over. It's odd. :?

Latest posts

Back