Our baby's injury

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
We had quite the scare last nite withButtercup. My husband had put him in his cage, he went tochange the other two "Rascal's" water, unfortunately they got out ofthe cage. Wilbur the "Bully" ran over to BC's cage, he was onthe top level of it (it's his condo). Well Wilbur jumped up abit the little one really bad. I was in bed, my husband wasyelling for me, I got the two back in their cage and then had a look aBC's mouth. it had a big tear in it where Wilbur bit him.

We called an Emergency vet at 1:00 AM, and brought himthere. The had to give him a General Anaesthetic.He ended up with 6 stitches. The poor little thing, we felt sobad. Thank goodness the vet knew about Bunnies. Wehad called an emergency number once before for Jackie who had a tummyupset, we knew more than they did about bunnies, and they wanted tocharge $190.00 for an emergency visit. We ended up giving herBio Best Plain Yogurt for her upset tummy & it helped (a vetactually told us about that).

He's eaten a little today, my husband took the day off work,I went to work after sleeping 2 1/2 hours last nite.

Right now he's resting in my husbands arms giving him kisses.

I guess the lesson we learnt from this is to make sure thecage is closed tightly when we put BC in his Condo for thenite.

Soooska

OH NO! How scary! Soundslike you have a great vet. They are so hard to find for ourbuns ;) Keep us posted. Hope BC gets bettersoon. Hugs & Kisses

Wow I know what ya mean! My Flemish gotthe watter bottle hook caught in his mouth once, so I can just bet Iknow how scared you were! Good thing you have a great vet near you!

~Amy

How scary!! I would have been a wreck-- I don't deal so well when my critters are injured, although I'malways able to keep a level head if the animals at work have aproblem. Must be the emotional attachment.

How's the baby doing today? Poor guy, does he have to havethe stitches out or are they the kind that dissolve? Hope heis feeling better soon.

Jen

Hello to all that left a message forme. Buttercup is doing better. He's eating, not asmuch as usual but t least he's eating. He had an extra treattoday, he loves Paris toast so we gave him that. He alsoloves the Papaya Enzyme tablets. we always know whe ourBunnies are under the weather, they turn their noses up and don't wantone. Otherwise they go nuts even when you shake the bottle.(Our vet told us they are very good to prevent hair balls)

The stitches are the disolveable ones. However we must bring him to the vet next Wednesday.

Today he was giving me lots of kisses, he's just so darn cute.

Soooska

Unless you've experienced two buns fighting, is is difficult to describe how lightening fast quarrels can develop and one or more of the parties become seriously injured. People usually associate bunnies and benevolent behavior rather then the seriously acrimonious one it can become in an instant.

Like you, we've paid the price in angst, loss of sleep, and money for our little ones. The only consolation is that they do seem to understand you are attempting to help them and will respond very lovingly to those attempts to ameliorate their situation.

Buck

I too have made the mistake of leaving the doors open...

and it happens so darn quick doesn't it?

I'm glad to hear Buttercup is feeling better.

Monkeys!:)

This is the little guy before his incidentresting on his couch. Isn't he just the cutest. Ofcourse being his Mommie I'm probably partial to his good looks.

Soooska

Oh gawsh what a huge scare that would of given you !

Poor thing, wishing you all a restful nights sleep and hopefully things are quieter for you now

Latest posts

Back