My NEW Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnie8

Reaction score
I went to the SPCA today and fell i love withhim... He is kinda freaked out right now, it was a long drive home. Hecame with the name Dream but I dont really like it so im going tochange it.. I just dont know what yet. Any ideas???

I was also wondering what breed he is.His paper work says english spot But he dosent have the nose spot...

i think that's an awesome name. it sounds very noble and it suits him :)

honeybunnie8 wrote:
What do you guys think of Lancealot? Is that spelled correctly? :)

Anyway you spell a name is acceptable :p Just ask parents these days.But in referring to King Arthur and such I believe it's spelledLancelot. :)

Hope this helps! Cute bun!:D

How about Blackberry Bear or Leotie (flower ofthe prarie) or Sakari (sweet) or how about Jackson Berry. Is it a girlor boy? I can't say what kind of rabbit it is, but I think it is anEnglish Spot with out the black spot on his nose. He doesn't have theperfect marking but that's okay because he's just a pet, is he?

FrenchLopGirl1280 or Jack and Marshmellow's Mom

honeybunnie8 wrote:
What do you guys think of Lancealot? Is that spelled correctly? :)

oooooo Arthurian names :D My specialty :) I assume your rabbit is male so here are some male Arthurian names :)

ACCALON

ARTHUR

BODWYN

DAGONET

GALAHAD

GAWAIN

GORLOIS

LAUDEGRANCE

MERLIN

MORDRED

PENDRAGON

VORTIMER

If ya want any more let me know :)
~Amy

I think Lancelot is a great name. I've also seenit spelled Launcelot, which looks a little more French to me. Your newbunny is handsome! He reminds me of my bunny, Mabel.

DSCF0085.jpg

Mabel seems a bit smaller. I've been told that Mabel is a mini-rexcross, and she has the markings of an English Spot. Lancelot seems abit bigger, so maybe he's all English Spot.

Here's some info of English Spots:

http://www.englishspots.8m.com/aboutspots.html

Good luck with the new bun!

Beth

Thanks for all the suggests!! But Lancelot seemsto fit so I guess thats probably what I will name him or more formalySir Lancelot..hehe... He went to the vet to day and get a checkup...5lbs 1oz :) Seems very healthy. I got the OK from the vet.Hopefully I can get a few more pictures of him when he's not so shy.:D

hey cute bunny . I like the name Lancelot.. itseems suiting. Can anyone help me to figure out what Georgie is... thepet store said dwarf rabbit but I'm a new bunny mommy so I don'y knowwhat that means.

Congratulations Honeybunnie8, :)

and Welcome Home to your Castle, Lancelot. :dude:

I'm so glad you stuck with the name Lancelot. I think the other namespeople suggested were great too, but really love Lancelot. Greatchoice, honeybunnie8.

I'm overjoyed that you had the courage to adopt Lancelot. He's onelucky little babe. I can't wait to hear more about him and for hispicture thread to show up.

Welcome Boygeorgie, :)

Pamnock is our resident expert on breeds. (She's an ARBA judge andrabbits, among other things, is her profession.) You might send her aPrivate Message and ask her. You'll know exactly what your little oneis, without a question of a doubt, if you ask her.

-Carolyn

Welcome Boygeorgie, :)

Pamnock is our resident expert on breeds. (She's an ARBA judge andrabbits, among other things, is her profession.) You might send her aPrivate Message and ask her. You'll know exactly what your little oneis, without a question of a doubt, if you ask her.

-Carolyn
Thanks I'll do just that!

So how's Lancelot doing, honeybunnie8?

-Carolyn

He's doing OK. I setup his cage and bought himaplaypen meant for dogs and set it up around his cage.Itgives him an extra5'x4' of play area.I think Ifreaked him out because I decided to rearrange all the furniture in theliving room. I found out he is an escape artiest and I will have tocome up with some way of making sure he cant get out of his pen. :)

When I'm not close to him he acts like a normal bun, playing with thetoys and investigating things, but when i get close he runs and hides.He will run into his cage and get in his litter box and sit very stilland not move till I go away. :( He seems very scared of people andhands...You can pick him up and he doesn't kick or scratch but isnoticeably he is not happy and very scared. He wont even takea treat from me..he will take lettuce but not raisins or cranberrys...

I have been watching to make sure he is going potty, I have seen himpee and only found a few pellets.. Should I be worried that he ismostly peeing? He is already litter trained, except for some pellets Ifound in his play area but I'm assuming that to mark his territory.

Your rabbit looks a bit like a brittaniapettite,Pet stores call anything small a dwarf,There are dwarfHotots,Netherland dwarfs,Holland lops,mini rex,Jerseywoolies,Lionheads,Polish are a small breed but are not a dwarfbreed.bluebird

Hetook a treat from your hand. That's a start!!

Don't get discouraged about his aloof behavior. Tucker was like that,and I had him from the time he was 8 weeks old. It took awhile, but your little guy is already starting to trust you.

WHAT were you thinkin, moving the furniture around?:shock: Hope it's all in it's place and you and Lancelot arehappy with it.

How's the poops? Keep an eye on those poops because stresscan cause troubles for their system and since he had just gotten to hisloving new home, his system may be reacting to the change.I've seen it happen and heard it happen quite often where when theyfirst arrive, they don't seem to have as many poops - or their drinkingand eating amounts are a bit off. It usually isfine within a day or two. If you haven't gotten someNutriCal, a dietary supplement geared towards Cats and Dogs, but worksvery well on rabbits can be given to him.NutriCalworks wonders on many different levels: boosts their immune system,provides them with the vitamins and nutrients needed if they go offtheir feed, increases their appetite, and works as a laxatone in casetheir system does need a little push. In the case where arabbit is stressed, I always give them an inch of it (it's in a tubelike toothpaste). You can't hurt the little one by giving itto them.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back